What skimmer is better? I have a list.

snipe

Alright I have some filters im looking at and was wondering what is good and what isnt.
Venturi Protein Skimmer up to 75 gal w/Pump
Skilter Filter + Protein Skimmer 400
Visi-Jet Ps100 Aquarium Protein Skimmer NEW
Amiracle - PS4 HangOn/Sump Aquarium Protein Skimmer
JEBO 180 PROTEIN SKIMMER W/ PUMP New
Seaclone 100 Aquarium Protein Skimmer NEW w/PUMP
I was wondering what is best from least to worse?

D

dorie

What about a Euro Reef Skimmer.
I am looking at the one for my upgrade, is this a good choice?

snipe

You thread hijacker!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol Im just kidding I dont care. What about that skimmer to where would it place in there?

spline9

It will also blow his pocketbook dry.
It looks like the list was confined due to budget.
Unfortunately I dont have any experience with any of those skimmers nor do I know much about them to say which is best. I just know that people just recommend EuroReefs, ASMs, Remoras, etc...
Wish I could be of more help.

flatzboy

IMO they are all garbage. Save yur money and get at least a cpr bakpak or a aquac remora a needlewheel or becket skimmer would be best.

offshore80

The budget! I know that feeling. You know you need one but the budget is limited. Check your height requirements also and wether you have enough room in your sump (If you have one).
If you are only looking at the hang on the back ones and are confined to a budget I hear a lot of good comments on the aqua c remora.

snipe

It will be hang on skimmer and I am not on a budget par say. I just dont want to blow all my money on a skimmer and then have to wait to get the rest. I was gonna buy all the equip now and get my sand and rock later. Aqua C and Euro Reef are out if you say there that exspensive. I have found some nice skimmers pretty cheap. But I was wanting someone to list the skimmers I have up there in a list from best to last.

squidd

I undestand the question, but it's kind of like asking someone if they want to be poked in the eye with a sharp stick...or poked in the eye with a dull stick...:D
The list above are all low buck and really not too good skimmers, kind of a "bad..to bad...to worse...to really bad...to don't even bother...to still pretty bad..."
For "just a few" bucks more look at a Prizm Pro or CPR BacPac...
Still on the low end of performance...
And then "bump the budget" and look into an Aqua C Remora Pro...
I know you don't want to "blow" your money and wait for the other stufff, but "investing :rolleyes: " in one of the above is "False Security" and you be will more than likely replacing it, because they don't work..and spending that much more anyway...
So I would suggest "waiting" and getting something "at least" Mid Grade...in skimmers, lighting, filtration etc...

salty cheese

Originally posted by Squidd
I undestand the question, but it's kind of like asking someone if they want to be poked in the eye with a sharp stick...or poked in the eye with a dull stick...:D

thesamm

if ur goin for a hang on....a good one for a 55 get a PM (precision marine) HOT-1 skimmer i got mine around $130-$140 or so...

snipe

With all the replies im getting not a won has awnsered my ?. Please dont give me new skimmers to buy I was just wondering what one of these is better than the rest. Dont take this rude or anything I am just wanting my ? awnsered.

thangbom

hum.... not that i have n e og these skimmers but if i was to pick on a skimmer as is.. it b the jebo 180 or the ps4.... but then agin...who am i ???... but really man.. u aught to save for a betetr skimmer.. i currently have a chepo jebo.. 14'' peice of junk.. it workzzz but could work better.. i just bought a turbo floter 1000 w/pump n needle wheel of e-bay new.. for only $145.. he he what a steal!!! just look around and wait FOR A GOOD BARGEN BRO.. THE WAIT IS WAY WORTH IT..

22caddy

The Visi Jet SUCKS. Lasted only a few months and never really did anything. I am much happier with my seaclone. I don't understand all the negative feedback from everyone on here about it.

thangbom

hum.. well bro.. we are not trying to talk trash about n e skimmer out there.. we are just comparing apple to oranges.. or in out case.. silver to gold... u get what u buy......and when u start a fish tank.. the $$ addz up.. for say u buy a tank n stand for a 55 gal.. cost u $500 at least.... then u add filter.. $100 .. then light... $50 to 250.. well all in all around $1000 just to start a tank.. so y r u gonna go cheap all in a sudden... then have to buy a new 1 later on because the chepo dont work too good or user friendly.. might as well save u the troublke n buy a good 1 from the start... dats all i have to say.. it'z worth it in the end.. and if u cant afford. there r plenty og DIY skimmers planz out there... since u have internet...just look.. wait.. do whatever it or u like.. we r only giving suggestionz.. take some n leave some....knowledge is free just gotta find the right source.. find it.....