What tank size is this

seaham358

I had a friend give me a tank that measures 30" L x 22.5" Hx 12" W. Any idea on how many gallons? He got it from another person and never set it up so he has no idea. Thinking of making it a fish only tank. the wife wants a small puffer..Thanks.

Those dimensions come out to roughly 35 gallons. minus thickness of glass I would say is somewher bewtween 30-35 gal. tank.
MCF

slothy

just checked all-glass site for dims.. this is what they have listed
30 Gallon 36x12x16
30 Breeder 36x18x12
33 Long 48x13x12
37 Gallon 30x12x22
38 Gallon 36x12x20

ryebread

I will second that on checking out a Toby.....Sharp-Nosed Puffers are cool little guys........funny little swimmers. You could do one of those in that size tank. Good Luck.

I think all-glass needs to check its math!! According to my calculation a 30"x22"x12" = 7920 cubic inches. Converted to gallons that is 34.28571 gal. Maybe we all have smaller tanks that what the manufacturer is advertising????hmmmm?
I am not arguing your research Slothy.....just wondering if the tank manufacturers are a little off....
MCF

slothy

i dont disagree.. i didnt see your post until i posted.. just wanted to double check my post so i went to their site and copy and pasted
where in mich are you from ?

lou_brakant

the easiest way to measure a tank holding cap.(gallons) is length x width x height % 231 = gallons of tank.
Slothy is not arguing with you marronclownfan he is just getting those posts up, LOL.
I know slothy my tank is still not up yet, say it what a "l_ser" :D

I was not trying to sound defensive and I know Slothy was just reporting what he found on the website. No worries....
I am not looking to start any arguments..maybe I should use the !!! more sparingly!!!:) oops.
I just thought it was interesting that the aquarium manufacturers kind of "pad" their tank capacities. I guess it makes the consumer feel like they are getting more for their money.
Slothy-
I live in Monroe County, just North of Toledo. South of Detroit down 75. I am glad to see so many Michiganders on this site.
MCF

Yep...been there a few times myself....pretty impressive IMO. Something like 40,000 gal. of saltwater! wooooweeee!
That is where I got my GS Maroon Clown, awesome. Also some nice LR and dry lace rock.
Its about a 30 minute drive from my house, 10 minutes from work. I haven't been there in a while. Been waiting till I am ready for more coral. Don't want to be tempted to buy something I am not ready for! hehe
MCF

reef fool

Seaham,
compare it to the one Ed has at the LFS. I believe those are the dimensions of the 37 Tall that he has.