What temp do you keep your tank at??

aileena

So it seems that the warmer the water temp the better it is for corals right? But isn't a warmer temp more difficult on the fish? I too have notice when the temp is warmer the corals seems to double in size, but I wonder what affect this temp has on the fish?

S

saltyman

Mine Always Stays Between 80- 83..everything sems to be fine.

yammer

I also keep mine at 81-83. Everything doing well with a lot or reproductive activity especially with corallinamorph mushrooms, anthelia, zoanthids, and toadstools. I also have some montipora that is thriving. No chiller (yet), just rely on a heater and home AC.

iechy

I am glad to read everyone's experiences. I was having trouble getting my tank to stay below 80 with the heat here in New Orleans. I guess I really don't need to then and from the way things sound maybe don't even want to. From the sounds of things I'll try and keep it right around 80 now.

bentrue

mine fluctuates from 80-82
i just moved into a house and when the phone guy was hooking everything up he accidently turned off my AC. it was oof all day and my tank shot from 80 to 87. nothing was hurt in the tank, but man did i freak!!:mad: