what the heck is LED?

zoie2

I can't figure out what the LED lights are that I'm sapose to keep on 24 hrs. When I lift my hood I have one blue light ( I think those are the Nocturnal blue lunar lights) Then I have a white bulb that goes on with a fan.) so what is the LED light?

zoie2

If the LED are the blue ones, they tell us to leave them on for 24 hrs. The Actinic (what ever they are) should be left on for 13 hrs and the daylight ones 11-12. :notsure: So confused.

zoie2

nope, I've been trying to figure it out by looking at the site on aquapods, but still don't understand.

pfitz44

Does the lighing look similar to this??

If so, the white PC is the daylight, the blue PC is your actinic lights, the the little blue ones are the moon lights

zoie2

It's a 12 gal. Aqua pod. It comes with 2 Dual Color Sunpaq Compact Flourescent lamps (50/50) with the right spectrum for corals and Nocturnal Blue Lunar Lights. TWO different lights, yet they give you THREE different names. LED, Actinic and Daylight. :help:

pfitz44

Originally Posted by PFitz44
If so, the white PC is the daylight, the blue PC is your actinic lights, the the little blue ones are the moon lights

zoie2

Thanks for the help. I think I was sapose to get all three. I guess I will have to e-mail the company. That's probably why I was so confused.

jgbryan02

Make sure you have the power pack plugged in to the back otherwise the led's don't work. I made the same mistake....

devilboy

yes zoie you have the LED moonlights you have the same tank as i do. they are real hard to find if you dont know where they are:
i will take a pic of mine shortly to let you see them

gregzbobo

look a bit past the end of the flourescent bulbs right on the reflector for what looks like a hole in the reflector metal, look carefully and you'll see that it looks like clear plastic filling that hole, thats the LED, the LEDs I've seen in this hobby are of the round variety, around 3/16ths of an inch in diameter, thats pretty darn small, but for the tiny size they put out quite a bit of light.