What the heck is selcon?????

I have seen in numerous posts various suggestions for soaking foods in selcon. You can see by my signature what I have in my tank. I feed nori in the am, and frozen in the pm. Everyone, including my pb tang go crazy for the frozen. The only frozen I use is what's called microencapsulated with vitamins. It seems to have a whole range of different vitamins. Do I still need to add selcon? What is in selcon that I might be currently missing? Thanks for the info.

flamehawk

gREAT NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENT WHICH I WOULD HIGHLKY RECOMMEND WITH EVERY FEEDING. IT IS A BIT PRICEY BUT WELL WORTH IT.

fbihunter

I feed selcon (on top of the food) to my fish every night. That and lots of garlic.
I have to say that it keeps my fish nice and healthy.
Another alternative is Kents Zoecon (mixture of selcon and zoe)
I use both and seem to have great results.

polarpooch

Selcon is a combination of fatty acids, marine lipids, Vitamin C and Vitamin B12 (yes, I read the back of the bottle). I soak my food in it (and Zoe) for my fish, eels and ray. All are healthy and beautiful.
I orignally got it because my LFS recommended it for the prevention of lateral line disease in Tangs. I have no idea if it's useful for that, but I discovered it was very good for my fish. Though I don't do it regularly, it's supposed to be good for filter feeding inverts.
So I guess I'm a believer, too.