what the heck!

krowleey

When my MH went off from the timer one of my little green chromis like went into shock, and died, this is actually the second chromis to do this in the past week. all my other inverts and fish are great. water tests perfect in all area's.
1 yellow tang
1 purple back basslet
1 firefish
1 watchman goby
1 cinnomon clown
1 green chromis now
2 cardnials
1 scarlet cleaner
1 red linkia (sp)
1 emeral crab
lots of zoos and yellow polyps
140 lbs LR
5 inch DSB
any ideas what the heck is going on?

S

sinner's girl

how was the fish acting before the lights went off? How long did it take him to die?
What size tank do you have?
Are you sure your levels are perfect? Test kits have experation dates and give you the wrong reading.
Are any of the fish picking on him?
Touch the lights while the their on, or turn them on/off manually. Do you feel a shock? (salt built-up can cause an electric current in the water, although, it didn't see to bother my fish, I found out about the same day and was able to clean the lights).

krowleey

Originally posted by Sinner's Girl
how was the fish acting before the lights went off? How long did it take him to die?
What size tank do you have?
Are you sure your levels are perfect? Test kits have experation dates and give you the wrong reading.
Are any of the fish picking on him?
Touch the lights while the their on, or turn them on/off manually. Do you feel a shock? (salt built-up can cause an electric current in the water, although, it didn't see to bother my fish, I found out about the same day and was able to clean the lights).

72 gallon bow front. level are good its well established with the same fish for months and i use sailert test kits nothing but. mabey he gets chased once in awile by that purple back but he didnt have any wounds. i cant touch my light when its on its MH, and it does not touch my water in anyway.