What The Hey, One More

I really like your tank. But what is that wheat looking plant or something in your tank. I have always wanted to have live plants for my tank.
Sarah :)

gregzbobo

wow, utterly gorgeous. Closest I've seen to that is at the OKC zoo here in town. And yours looks BETTER. Good work. :)

mmslue79

Pretty sharp looking! How big is the tank, and how much LR do you have? I am also curious about the thin branch looking plant????

jumpfrog

Thanks for the kind words. To answer questions posed:
The tank is a 72 gallon bowfront and I probably have about 90lbs of LR.
The "plant" looking thing is Unfortunately what's left of once gorgeous gorgonian. I'm hoping it comes back......but, I'm starting to lose faith.
Two weeks ago I had two beautiful colonies of xenia that crashed and melted away in less than 2 days. The same thing happened to several reefers in this area and we don't know what's up as there was a clean connection between any of the tanks. Anyway, the gorgonian took a severe hit from the meltdown.
Keep a good thought for me. I hope it comes back.
If someone knows for sure that it's toast. Please let me know and I'll remove it and move on:confused:

p fish

I have the same tank, what lighting do you have on yours? And what kind of canopy if there is one?

broomer5

Nice natural looking reef tank !!!
really like your rock placement a lot
beautiful work jumpfrog !

jumpfrog

I don't have a hood. I'm using JBJ Formosa system. It's 4x65watt PC. 2 daylight and 2 actinic. Comes with separate switches for dawn/dusk and two built in fans. I think I paid around $350.00 from my LFS. I've been pretty happy with it.
Thanks to both of you for the compliment.