What The *%#~ They're Hideous!?!?!

saltyshark

Even if u have no idea what they are...post your opinion...
If you were in my position and you had no idea what they were would you remove them..or leave them in??

saltyshark

Terry: You are probably right...it's just the thing that bugs me about these critters is that they don't look like anything i've every seen.
hhands361: about this big---> =

chinnyr

Could they have possibly fallen into your tank?Something from outside.Maybe they were attracted to the light?Hmmmm.....

yellowfin

They look Like Cucumbers to me.. But hard to tell from the picture.. not much Light...Can you take one with the flash and try to get some Macro Shots... Thanks

saltyshark

Beth: Let me explain more clearly what I meant by attached to the glass...they do not accually attach themselves but rather when they drift to the glass of the aquarium by current and then since they are wet they kind of "stick" to the dry glass, by this I mean the current does not sweep them away since they are halfway in the water and half way out. Kind of hard to explain.
EelfreakRobi: I believe they do but if they were leeches i'd guess that they are the larvae of a leech since they do not move at all.
chinnyr: If one did fall into the tank it must have reproduced itself since if found 12 of these guys.
yellowfin: the pic was taken with my webcam. I will try shooting with my dig. camera...only problem is that it has a hard time focusing and getting detail on smaller oblects, but I will try.
thanks
Mike

this may seem out there.........but I have seen shark eggs that look like that...........I kow you dont have sharks........but it could be some sort of egg sack........if it was stuck the the glass.......I think some eggs have that kind of adaptation to stick to things so they dont float to far away.
I just made a fool out of myself

saltyshark

travis truman: Anything is possible. After all I added some LR about a week ago. I agree with you on the eggs naturally stick to things w/o accually needing to be sticky. Lol..go figure
thanks for the suggestion
Mike