What to add with Snowflake eel?

uvm-med

I'm new to the aggressive tanks. I recently got a new 90 gallon and moved my reef into that, so I had an extra 55. I have had a snowflake in it for about 2 months and he's great! I love how he attacks the food at the end of the feeding stick! My real question is can I add a Porcupine Puffer with him? If not, any good suggestions as to what would make good companions and more important WHY would they be good? Thanks!

stacyt

The problem with adding a porc would be the tank size. Porcs get big, and would need a much bigger tank as they grow. A small one would be fine for a little while.
As far as other tank mates you could look into dwarf lions, hawk fish, and smaller wrasse species.

uvm-med

First, thanks for the replies! Questions though... What wrasses do you means, wouldn't some of them be eaten by the eel? Also, I heard the dwarf lionfish are hard to keep, is this true? Again thanks for any help!

moto757

fish only wrasse which are agrresive and i don't thinka sfe eel will eat one especially if it is a small eel and a med size fish I would try a lunar wrasse ,pinkface or banana they all look pretty good

moto757

i dunno i had two small chromis and i just got done feeding mine and one was kind of frantic swimmingnear his cave and he gulped it down like it was his first meal in a while they aren't supposed to eat fish but anything goes when your a hunter

marlins #1

the hungry part is pretty true, but you can't trust them
Its just a matter of time before they eat your 40 dollar fish. hahahaha
no serious my friends was well feed and it was very small and all, and a clown fish dissapeared
and after seeing us feed it Freshwater Goldfish, live and all, i was convinced that it would it anything that is not fast enough to move away or not aggressive enough.
or anything that passes in front of its cave.
I had a puffer with it, its great...Puffers go god, porcupine or Spiny Box... or any type of Damshels..they are too hyper to get eaten..
peace