What to Do With Loose Zoos

pkgrif

My LFS gave me several bunches of loose zoo's today :joy: (He was doing some tidying in one of his show tanks) Things got busy and I forgot to ask him how to him how to get them to attached or if I should attached them (net, rubberband, glued). Any suggestions. I've never had any zoo's before. :help:

ebsochin

Get some super glue GEL (gel being the opporative word) and some rubble rock from your tank or shells or something that you want to attach them to. Place a small amount on the base and attach. That easy.

pkgrif

I have the gel glue and the rubble. I'm on it.

As to Bronco300...I know. When asked if I wanted them, I'm like "Are you kidding?
Of course I want them"
Tip on the glue. LOCTITE makes one in a blue and grey bottle that has side panels that you squeeze and it doesn't clog up after the first use.

bronco300

lol, i wish i had people like that around here that say hey, you want this??lol zoos are amazing, take some pics when ya can :joy:

ebsochin

Tip on the glue. LOCTITE makes one in a blue and grey bottle that has side panels that you squeeze and it doesn't clog up after the first use
That's what I used. Forgot to mention that part...you could glue a polyp to your finger....aghhhh! Feel free to share some pics when they open!!
And since Bronco300 jumped on it I'll just jump in too....Want to share???????

farmboy

Bronco and ebsOCHIN!! I was going to suggest sending them to ME!!
You both beat me to it!

You all are quick on the draw.

pkgrif

SHH LISTEN CLOSELY AND I WILL TELL YOU THE SECRET:
Take a nine year old little boy with big blue eyes filled with wonder who knows what's he talking about. It gets them every time. The tank is my son's Chris'... he has done and is doing all the research, testing and upkeep (with a little help form Mom, but not much). I have a budding marine biologist on my hands.
We also have been very pleased with this particular LFS both for their knowledge, generosity and treating Chris like he's the customer.
And, Farmboy, Chris would love to have one of your blue mushrooms when we get enough of something to trade. :joy:

bronco300

wow, thats awesome, i'll have to go find a little 9 year old to help me out, lol....just playinggggggggggg

farmboy

"And, Farmboy, Chris would love to have one of your blue mushrooms when we get enough of something to trade."
I'll send him TWO!! :jumping:

ebsochin

pkgrif- Funny how you explained that...I take my 6 kids all the time to the LFS and I never get anything free. I must be at the wrong fish store.

farmboy

My 3 smallest usually go with me. I think we might get waited on faster because of the "fear factor" of a 2, 3 and 5 year old loose in the store!

ebsochin

My 3 smallest usually go with me. I think we might get waited on faster because of the "fear factor" of a 2, 3 and 5 year old loose in the store
I guess my LFS doesn't get scared with a 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, and 10 year old. OH well

farmboy

They must be bulletproof and have nerves of steel. Or maybe they are parents. . . . Either explanation could work. :thinking: I beg your pardon! I was stuck thinking about my kids. I'm sure yours are perfectly well behaved. WHich is the most likely explanation.

ebsochin

Not a problem. I've had lots of compliments on my kids while eating out and stuff, but little do people know....They are crazy at home. You gotta love them!!!

pkgrif

Hi All,
Had to make a run to Huston and just got back.
HTML Code:
[pre]Here's the biggest one with "Mandy".[/pre]
Glad to know we aren't the only one's who name our fish and WOW...That blue is beautiful.

Farmboy, I told Chris about the blues, he already working out what he can trade. :thinking: This is such a great hobby.
ebsOCHIN, I don't know what there is about him :notsure: , but things like that are always happening:cheer:.
Bronco300, I could maybe rent him to ya, but you would have to feed him and he has two hollow legs
(I didn't think they did that till they got to be teens???)