What to feed a small panther grouper

grouper50

I was wondering what I could feed my new panther grouper, I bought some silversides but they are almost as big as him. Thought about cutting them down to smaller pieces, but if anyone has any better ideas let me know. Thanks.

darth tang

What I do is take, Krill, silversides, clams, squid, and mysis shrimp and blend them all together. Soakthis in garlic extreme for about five-ten minutes and zoecon and then refreeze it. I then cut off a couple chunks come feeding time and drop them in the tank. still slightly frozen so it doesn't break up. My Grouper loves this.

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by Darth Tang
What I do is take, Krill, silversides, clams, squid, and mysis shrimp and blend them all together. Soakthis in garlic extreme for about five-ten minutes and zoecon and then refreeze it. I then cut off a couple chunks come feeding time and drop them in the tank. still slightly frozen so it doesn't break up. My Grouper loves this.
Sounds like an awesome idea. All of the foods used are excellent, and the soaking in the vitamins and garlic is fantastic too.

grouper50

I got some stuff like that for my small anemome it is called marine cuisine it comes in frozen cubes, I let it melt in water and use a turky baster to give it to the anemome. so maby I will try giving it to the grouper when it is still froze a little. Thanks

scubadoo

If he is small now...he'll be quite big in a few months. They grow fast. As he gets bigger he will eat other fish that will fit in his mouth. If you have some smaller fish with him keep this in mind for the near future. With a Grouper...if a fish will fit in his mouth that is where it will eventually end up.