What to feed Majano Anemone?

howardj

what do you feed Majano, besides Joes Juice

I think it looks pretty neat, and it is only on a little rock seperated by all of the other rocks. So I'm gonna leave it. Just need to know what to feed it.

dogstar

Feed it any type of meaty food and good lighting.....they can/do release and swim to other areas in a tank...

hagfish

I agree with Dogstar. You will have them all over before you know it. Especially if you're spot feeding it.

howardj

Originally Posted by DragonZim
I think they particularly like small children

I don't think my LFS sells those

Thanks yall
Its been doing fine with my 2 watts pg. I got it as a hitch hiker, I made a board about it, and someone said that it was majano.
Can I feed it raw shrimp? or as in meaty do you mean brine, and mysis shrimp?

dogstar

Originally Posted by HowardJ
:
Can I feed it raw shrimp? or as in meaty do you mean brine, and mysis shrimp?
All of the above.

anonome

Originally Posted by HowardJ
what do you feed Majano, besides Joes Juice

I think it looks pretty neat, and it is only on a little rock seperated by all of the other rocks. So I'm gonna leave it. Just need to know what to feed it.
Why do you want to feed these? I only ask because in a 12g tank they will quickly take over and damage or kill small fish. Most people want to eliminate them when they find them, not try to make them prosper.

If you like the appearance of them, may I suggest feather dusters? They come in a variety of colors, are easy to keep, and fish friendly.

howardj

I went to my LFS today, and decided to not buy food for it. If it dies, It dies.
One of their tanks actually had a LOT of Majano in there tanks, that never were there before.
I think I might have a feather duster that popped out of my live rock, but I haven't actually seen it come out.. just looks like the stem.
But I do plan on getting a feather duster or two :)

dogstar

Not that Im encourageing any one to keep Majano anemones, I will say that I have kept a couple for years....
They are IMO, a nice looking invert...
Anything can be considered a pest if you look at it for what they are capable of....
Whenever mine splits, I remove or kill the new one....the ones I keep are about 3 inches wide now....

howardj

yours looks cool.
Mine picked up and moved today. Same rock, just different spot. I hope it doesn't move to where I can't get it.
I am getting some mushrooms and GSP this week sometime..So I think that I'm going to get rid of it...