What to feed my BTA

bexleyfish

Tried feeding it frozen brine but it seems to not like the cold, when i put it near the anemone its tenticals pull back. Wat should i feed it?

coral keeper

Try feeding it some salmon if you have any? Or try anything els you havent fed it, thaw the food before you feed it to the anemone.

dawman

I feed all my anemones silversides and raw shrimp . My clowns also feed them when I feed frozen foods .

dawman

I never seen a healthy anemone retract it`s tentacles when trying to feed them .

They will after grabbing the food though .

nietzsche

Originally Posted by BexleyFish
Tried feeding it frozen brine but it seems to not like the cold, when i put it near the anemone its tenticals pull back. Wat should i feed it?

the cold? is it thawed?

bexleyfish

well its frozen brine so if you thaw it, it just melts into a cloud of brine shrimp. ( cant feed it unless its in a solid block)

nietzsche

Originally Posted by BexleyFish
well its frozen brine so if you thaw it, it just melts into a cloud of brine shrimp. ( cant feed it unless its in a solid block)
most likely why it doesnt want the food because its still frozen and not thawed. try looking into silversides, very small pieces when you feed it and make sure its thawed

o2ngk

I agree. Try to make it to room temperature and choose something that you can hold together. If you are going to use brine shrimp, try to get a tool which you can use to target it to the mouth area. however, it may be messy compare to one piece of silverside or squid or bigger size of shrimp.

rod buehle

Small pieces of un-cooked, un-processed shrimp from the grocery store (thawed and rinsed with RO water) or small peices of a silver side.Or mysis shrimp. Nothing too big

joojoo

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
Try feeding it some salmon if you have any? Or try anything els you havent fed it, thaw the food before you feed it to the anemone.
Salmon's too oily and isn't the best thing to put in the tank.

S

shark bait

use a turkey baster and you could squirt it on him, but the silversides seem to have worked.