What to feed my Tangs

johnic

I currently feed my Yellow tang and Powder brown tang Mysis Shrimp and Spirilina flakes. Is this ok or are there other foods I should be feeding them. I heard Spectrum Pellets are good..

clown boy

I have a Purple Tang, a Blue Hippo Tang, and a Rabbitfish. I feed Ocean Nutrition's Formula One and Formula Two. I also feed frozen brine shrimp cubes. I'm not an expert, but my fish are very happy, and their colors are very vivid. I feed no flakes.

clown boy

I dissolve the cubes in a disposable cup first, then I pour it in in front of my powerhead so that it gets spread around the whole tank. I use my hand to help the Ocean Nutrition food dissolve. It's fun to watch the fish go chasing the pieces around. ***)

clown boy

Originally Posted by Johnic
Is it the Gel type....I think they are all gel binding formulas ?
Correct, but it can still be taken apart. I think it has made my fish very healthy.

miaheatlvr

The most important thing you can feed your tangs is NORI, which is thier natural green algae diet,, ath least 3 times a week! and you can suppliment it by soaking the NORI in vitachem and rotating that with soaking it in garlic as well. This is a must these days with tangs.! Good Luck!

clown boy

My tangs have not been fed NORI for 5 years or more, and they are very healthy. The fish food that I recommended has green algae in it.

joe 09

you can buy nori at your lfs.it comes in sheets,that i fold 4x and put them in a clip that sticks to the side of the tank.the tangs,angel and other fish love it and it is good for them.