what to feed sun corals

al mc

You may know this already...but....a great way to feed them is to cut the bottom out of a plastic quart or half gallon 'milk' container. Unsc..rew the cap
and place the cut out bottom over the coral. Add the 'food' to the container and scr..ew the lid back on.......instant concentrated feeding station. Leave
over the coral for 15-30 minutes every other day.....works well....it will open
up wide if you feed it this way......

snipe

I hand fed mine they are sticky and eat just like an anemone if there hungry they eat if not they will let the food go for the fish to eat it.

beenbag497

Originally Posted by bmeeder
Brine shrimp and I fed mine a cube every other day.
live??brine shrimp??and do you meqan a cube of mysis?

snipe

I never feed brine I always fed frozen cut shrimp. Raw shrimp ya buy for cold shrimp or what not. Just un thaw it and cut into pieces. Or make your own mix food.
Get a blender and take everything. Take shrimp, squid, scallops, clam, seaweed, some garilic and juice and even some flake food and then some nutrients (liguid form) and blend all up. Place in ice cube trays to freeze. Then place in freezer bags and cut off a piece to feed as needed. Works great.

beenbag497

Originally Posted by Snipe
I never feed brine I always fed frozen cut shrimp. Raw shrimp ya buy for cold shrimp or what not. Just un thaw it and cut into pieces. Or make your own mix food.
Get a blender and take everything. Take shrimp, squid, scallops, clam, seaweed, some garilic and juice and even some flake food and then some nutrients (liguid form) and blend all up. Place in ice cube trays to freeze. Then place in freezer bags and cut off a piece to feed as needed. Works great.
where can i buy seaweed and squid and stuff like that??

ameno

I feed mine a cube a mysis shrimp about three times a week and it seems happy. just posted some pics of it fully open

snipe

My local wal-mart has a frozen seafood section. Look for a local store that sells saltwater fish and buy stuff in like half pound lots. dried seaweed can be found at health food stores or the pet store.