What to feed Yellow Tangs

cgrant

my tangs wont touch the stuff, i even tried soaking the dried seaweed sheets in garlic.
I have alot of green plant growth on my LR, i guess if had a choice of dried seaweed or live plant i would also choose the live plants.

X

xrobbx03

would they eat cheato. I have a bunch in my DT. Mine hasnt touched those seewead strips either. But i did notice i had some hair algea on one rock that is gone now so im guessing it ate it.

cgrant

tried kent zoe and also tried garlic, they still wont touch the sheets.
heres a pic of my LR, they have plenty to pick at so i guess i dont blaim them!
Its like this most of the tank

wilsonreef

I have a Yellow tang and a Blue Hippo. I feed Marine Cuisine, Emerald Entree, Raw shrimp, Mysis shrimp, flake food and Seaweed salad. They eat it all. And put live plants in, they're gone in a day.

cjml

Originally Posted by wilsonreef
I have a Yellow tang and a Blue Hippo. I feed Marine Cuisine, Emerald Entree, Raw shrimp, Mysis shrimp, flake food and Seaweed salad. They eat it all. And put live plants in, they're gone in a day.
What kind of live plants do you put in?
Thanks!
ML

hardcrab67

I chop clam up and roll it up in the green seaweed sheets then freeze, slice it and chop again, everybody loves it, going to add fresh squeezed garlic to the clam juice before I soak them next time I make it. My sailfin eats the sheets right off the clip. cheato is course and hard for them to digest ,but when I trim my fuge back, I shake the pods off the carluepa(sp) for the blenny and the sail eats the caleurpa. I also feed Formula 2,mysis,and chopped shrimp.

wilsonreef

Originally Posted by cjml
What kind of live plants do you put in?
Thanks!
ML
I have put in "shaving brush", chaeto, mostly anything green they'll eat.

unleashed

i feed all my tangs and other herbivores thera+A pellets by spectrum .my ominovores also go nuts over this food. i pellets at least 2 times per day.I also use periodiclly veggie flakes by omega one.for frozen foods I feed emerald entrese(algae based with mysis) and formula 2 .as for seaweed sheets I used the red variety seaweed selects as a treat not a staple diet.herbivores require 75% veggie based foods and 25% meaty for protien.and should be fed at least 3 times per day i also soak all frozen prepared foods in garlic extrem and selcon before feeding.
ps red variety contains more benaficial nutrients than the green and brown variety.if purchasing nori sheets be sure that it is not dry roasted this proccess removes important nutrients that your fish need
as for live plant my tangs are not picky they eat anything from cheato to hair algae.basicly if its green they will eat it lol