What type of camera does everyone use?

jdinger29

Hello all,
I have been out of the hobby for a few years now but am just starting to get back in. Everyone's pictures look great! What type of cameras are you using? Digi or Film? Settings? Flash? etc... When I was shooting my tank pics a few years ago I had a one time use camera and I got decent pics but nothing like what you folks are shooting... Tips would be appreciated...

lion_crazz

I am using a digitical camera for my shots, and it is a Canon Powershot 4.0 pixels. It is an okay camera, moderately priced. It does not always capture great pictures, but it does get some really nice ones every now and then.

zanski

THERE IS A NEW SONY CALLED THE H2 THAT IS PERFECT.
iF ITS TOO PRICEY THEN I ALSO HAVE THE OLD MODEL H1 THAT IS JUST AS GOOD JUST 5.1 MEG.PIX. INSTED OF 6 LIKE THE H2. IMO STAY AWAY FROM THE KODAK. CANON POWERSHOTS ARE GREAT ALSO.

nudilove

Canon powershots are fantastic, though being a professional photographer for a living I bring out the big guns with a Canon 5D 12.4 megapixel beast.

uberlink

I have the Pentax Optio WP, which has the advantage of being waterproof (for up to half an hour under water at shallow depths). If you really want to get up close and personal with a coral, you can do it.

3m

just getting into photography and still learning the works of my camera but i have a canon 30d digital camera. right now i only have two lenses though neither of which is good for the close up shots. I'd gladly accept any advice from other canon owners as far as lens selection

moby

I really need one!
I want to post some pics but all I have at the moment is the camera on my phone!

Besides I am not much of a photographer, anyone suggest a good starting camera for an old guy to tinker with?
Moby

double

3M, most of the time I use the Canon 18-55mm. I have a 70-300 Sigma, but I haven't used it much. I'm quite the amateur when it comes to picture taking, but I hope to improve slowly and maybe take a class when time permits.