What type of camera does everyone use?

3m

Originally Posted by Double
3M, most of the time I use the Canon 18-55mm. I have a 70-300 Sigma, but I haven't used it much. I'm quite the amateur when it comes to picture taking, but I hope to improve slowly and maybe take a class when time permits.

when i use my 18-55 i cant get a clear photo becaus ethe lens wants to focus on the glas and not the fish, grrr I think the phots you have show look splendid, keep up the good work

integral9

I use a Canon S1: 3 Megapixel, 10X optical zoon, 1600x1200 image resolution. It takes great pictures at a fantastic resolution. The problem I have is getting thos pretty pics up on this board. Everytime I post I have to cut down the image size and resolution. SInce the camera is pretty much a point and shoot, it does everything automatically. It would be nice to be able to manual focus and have a manual aperature adjustment.

mrdc

Originally Posted by 3M
when i use my 18-55 i cant get a clear photo becaus ethe lens wants to focus on the glas and not the fish, grrr I think the phots you have show look splendid, keep up the good work

I use the Rebel also and the 18-55 lens. I don't even use the macro feature that much anymore. I have more trouble trying to focus on something when there are other things close to what I am trying to take a picture of. I also get as close to the glass as possible and make sure there is nothing on the glass or it will mess up the focus. I have been experimenting with photo software to which is helping. I don't know how I got a picture of this guy. I printed a 4x6 of the picture and it turned out great so I plan to print a bigger size for my new hobby...photo album!

double

3M, I stay away from the manual settings myself. What I do is put the camera on the last setting (flash off), make sure the glass is clean and point at the item I want to take pics of. Sometimes you will have to pan out a little get a focus and move in slowly. Also sometimes I will not get a focus on the item initially and will have to move the camera right or left a bit to get a focus

maxalmon

a very expensive one that takes crappy photos of my tank
. Sony with Carl Zeiss optical zoom. Fantastic detail and photo quality, but it's simply can't deal with plexi and water :mad:

octaviaoli

minolta 4.0 pega pixels dimage s414 classic
setting on auto
picture set to mountain with person in front
works well taking water shots

jdinger29

Wow, these pictures are amazing. I plan on shooting a 35mm Rebel when I am set up. I have also had a problem focusing through glass. I usually just manual focus on what I want and hope for the best... (that is usually on a stationary object though...)
Thanks for all the pics and tips...

debbie

Wow some of you have very nice shots. I have a crappy Sony 3.2 pixel and no matter what i do I cannot get any good pics of my fish. Outside shots are very nice, most inside are great. I use the macro when shooting the tank but I think there are better cameras out there. I always said that my next camera would be a Nikon then I bought this quite a few years ago.
There was a question regarding the Canon Rebel (not digital) I have this camera and I love it very much. One thing I truly like is when you look in the view finder what you see is what you get. I have tried it with the tank but honestly not the greatest. I will try again though just to see if I can get some better shots than the digital.

misfit

well I just bought a olympus sp-500 UV as of 4 hours ago in st.thomas and so far I am very pleased 6.0 megapixal and 10x optical zoom.Ill let you know more on how it is in about a week or so.If any one has one of theses let me know what you think.I think its great,But im also comparing it to my old olympus 3 megapixal.And its pretty bad when your on a crusie for 9 days and still need to check in on the boards.LOL :hilarious