what type of eels stay small and wont eat every fish in the tank?

fditty

what type of eels stay small and wont eat other fish and is a tesselata eel too big for a 90gallon tank if there are other fish?

jrb384

i'm assuming you mean a predator tank right? I had a snow flake eel in my predator tank, it was cool, and it was pretty small, It didnt grow very fast and was a good eater. I fed him silver sides.

tesseleta is to big for a 90, but I can say that a garden eel stays very small but you must have a deep sand bend and they are not the easiest to keep, also a zebra might do well since it is very passive and it will not eat any fish.

guppie

I kept a snowflake for a long time, until I got rid of the tank very good fish, never bothered any other fish.

mersonly1

you guys are lucky with the snowflake i had one and the damn thing ate anything it could get in its mouth!!!!!!

fditty

i was thinking of a green wolf eel. is that too aggressive and will it eat everything in sight?

scubamedic

A Golden Dwarf Moray (Gymnothorax melatremus) only grows to about 7 inches and gets to be about as big around as a pen.

hearn

Yes, a green wolf eel will eat anything he can get in his mouth. Mine does anyway. But he is a very cool eel. (actually a fish I think) Thats why I still have him instead of going with smaller fish, like my wife wants to do. But she loves ole nessy too.

jake22

Go with a zebra, they are not supposed to bother your fish at all. They will eat shrimp and crabs though. The green wolf eels is acutally a dottyback and it will harrase and eat your fish.