what type of macro algae is this?

videoguy

what type of macro algae is this?
I know it's a poor pic but it's the best I can do right now.
The plant is light green with little tiny balls growing at the tips

spanko

Some fish do. I have found that My Foxface loves Caulerpa. Don't know about grape though, I don't have any in my tank.Caulerpa so you know is a very invasive, hard if not impossible to get rid of, and very hard to control. Another thing that may happen with it is that it will release spores clouding a possibly crashing your tank depending on the amount you have. Have a look here.
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/320567/caulerpa-in-your-dt

rldavisou

Yeah, that stuff is bad news. I think it's even illegal in some coastal states because it will crowd out all native species, it's that invasive.
I'd get rid of it before it becomes a problem.

florida joe

Henry you do seem to know a lot about growing algae and plants. Guess that’s why the thermal imaging aerial shots of your house show such hot spots. Just makes me wonder though

spanko

Yeah there was a few of us living in an apartment building back in the late 60's. In court they pulled out this picture and asked us why our building was Glowing!!!

Wish we had reef tanks with Metal Halides back then. They never did believe that we were botany students and those were tomato plants. Ah the days of our youth........