what type of overflow for a 65..

nauti2001

i plan on getting a 65 and want to do the whole sump deal. how many gallons/hour should it be.. and what would be a good pump or powerhead if there is one to return the h2o to my tank. and also what size should my sump be. i have a 10 gallon im messing with but when i get my new 65 i will have a 29 available.. thanks. me

robchuck

A reef ready tank would be your best option, but an overflow rated for 800gph would probably work well. I use the 800gph CPR overflow on my 65, because I already had it. Either Life Reef or Amiracle would be better recomendations.
29 gallons for your sump is a good size, and a Mag 9.5 would probably make a good return pump (for what it's worth, my sump is a 20H and the return pump is a Mag 9.5 with a ball valve plumbed inline). At first glance, the Mag 9.5 is oversized compared to the overflows I recommended, but once head-loss is factored in, they push a little less than 800gph. Also, a valve can be plumbed inline to further tune the flow to fit within the overflow's limits.