What type of tang would do well in a tank with a puffer, a trigger, and a wrasse?

theweirdo

There are a few types of tangs I am leaning towards (I will chose only one), so I was wondering if you guys would tell me how good these tangs would do with a puffer, trigger, and wrasse.
Here are the tangs:
Sailfin Tang
Black Longnose Tang
Powder Brown Tang
Purple Tang
Yellow Tang
Thanks in advance for the help, guys.

boalgf

Any of those would do well other than the powder brown tang. However, those black tangs are really expensive and I wouldn't put something that costly in an aggressive tank unless it was the meanest one in there. Your best bet would be the yellow since it is the cheapest. The purple is a great aggressive tang. It might smack your wrasse and puffer around a bit.

fedukeford

Originally Posted by TheWeirdo
There are a few types of tangs I am leaning towards (I will chose only one), so I was wondering if you guys would tell me how good these tangs would do with a puffer, trigger, and wrasse.
Here are the tangs:
Sailfin Tang
Black Longnose Tang
Powder Brown Tang
Purple Tang
Yellow Tang
just to let you know, the black tang runs in the $250-$400 range

jhov2324

Purple Tang or Yellow, I have a yellow with a puffer, wrasse and trigger and he holds weight, probably cause he is the biggest

unleashed

i would say the sailfin would be you best bet for an agressive tank due to its already agressive nature.they do tend to be more on the hardier side than the others.I do suggest getting a larger specimine so it wont be bullied in such an agressive tank(sailfins can hold their own quite well)

csupdog

, so I was wondering if you guys would tell me how good these tangs would do with a puffer, trigger, and wrasse.
What sp. are these fish specificially?
A have a Clown Tang that used to take a beating from my grouper, and now the Tang owns the tank. This type of tang is very aggressive and should be a good match for your tank.

csupdog

Sailfin Tang
Powder Brown Tang
Purple Tang
I would feel most cozy w/ the Powder Brown Tang... That sp. gets the largest.

theweirdo

I was originally thinking a Huma Huma trigger would be nicer, but would it be too aggressive in this situation?

csupdog

I was originally thinking a Huma Huma trigger would be nicer, but would it be too aggressive in this situation?
So you dont have these fish yet? I think those triggers are closely related and will act similar.

theweirdo

No, I don't have the fish yet. My tank is almost at the end of the Nitrite stage of cycling. Which means it should be ready anwhere from 1/2 a week to 1 and 1/2 weeks from now.
Oh, and by the way. Would this be a good order in introducing the fish:
Sailfin tang 1st
Black Dogface Puffer 2nd
Greenbird wrasse 3rd
Huma Huma Trigger 4th
I figure I should probably introduce the tang first because it is (probably) least aggressive, right?

theweirdo

Heh, yeah, a Black tang would have been my first choice, but since it is a semi-aggressive tank, I don't want to come home from work one day and see my trigger and puffer chewing up my black tang...

seannmelly

Here are the tangs:
Sailfin Tang
Black Longnose Tang
Powder Brown Tang
Purple Tang
Yellow Tang

Sohal tang will hold its own in a tank like that. Not too expensive either i think i saw one at the lfs for around $70??

reffer

what size tank would this be in? just curious, i like your list of fish, and i was thinking about buying soem of these fish