What type of water besides RO/DI

nc2tarheel

I know a lot of us don't have RO/DI filters so I was just wondering, if you don't, what do you use? Do you just mix water from the sink with salt and dechlorinator or what? Or do you use spring/mountain water etc. What's the best way if you don't have an RO/DI unit. Thanks
Keith

joker_ca

you could try buying your water mixed already with salt where i live it cost on average 60cents a gallon

jenn-e

I buy rodi water from walmart. They have the culligan machine, it's 33 cents a gallon. Kinda sucks lugging the jugs around, but it's rodi.

joker_ca

why waste money on buying water, just invest in a RO unit it will pay for it self and you can use the water for everything in your house thats why i got one

nas19320

Originally posted by wax32
I thought I read somewhere that a lot of water is wasted using an RO unit?

Not neccessarily wasted but the ratio of pure/waste under optimum conditions is 1:3-4 gallons.

wax32

What do you do with your "waste" water, does it go down a drain or can you catch it and water your plants or something?

nas19320

I let mine go down the drain because I am on a well and don't use a ton of water anyway. Others use the waste water for laundry and watering plants.

wax32

Cool thanks. It'll be awhile before I can consider an RO unit. My wife is already raising an eyebrow at the money I'm spending.