What type of water do you use in your reef tank?

gregbva

What type of water do you use in your reef tank?
Should I buy a RO unit for my 29 gallon tank or buy water for $ 1.10 a gallon? What is the cheapest way of adding good water to tanks?
Thanks,
Greg

nacl-h2o

I use distilled for top off and puchased RO/DI for water changes. Fot a tank that small I would probably go with distilled water for both. At wal-mart its onlt .58c a gallon and I've tested it for copper, nitrates and phosphates all 0. Most grocery stores sellit too.

cwfish

I use RO/DI water for changes and top off from my Kent Marine HiS-35. Carrying water around for anything more than a 55-75 gallon tank seems not too apealling to me.

We use distilled from the grocery store for top off and it costs .59c and gallon. We have a 55 gal and two 105 gal tanks...looking at purchasing an RO/DI unit soon. We buy 15 gallons a week currently. Lugging all that water is a pain in the posterior.

T

therock0861

Like NaCl-H20 I buy distilled water for my aquarium. I get it at Wal-Mart for above stated .58 and it works great. No algae outbreaks or bad water conditions. HTH

gregbva

I was using tap water but buy salt water RO for a $1.10 a gallon and RO water for $ 0.90 cents.
Thanks,
Greg