What type of wrasse??

gibby84

I have a 72 gallon bow front. I currently have the following items in there:
1 carpet anemone
1 other other anemone (white with yellow tips, tentacles are about 1 1/2-2 inches long)
1 yellow gorgonian
2 feather dusters
2 percula clowns
1 coral beauty angel
1 kole tang
1 black cap basslet
1 yellow clown gobie
1 bicolor blenny
about 75-100 hermits
about 75-100 snails, various types
1 emerald crab
1 sally lightfoot crab
6 peppermint shrimp
I have a 29 gallon sump/refug under a plumbed tank. I have some more crabs and snails in my sump/refugium. I am looking to add maybe 2 more fish, then try my hand with corals. Please let me know if I am overloading the system in your opinion(s). Thanks.
I forgot to mention that I have about 75 lbs of live rock in the 72 and about 5 pounds of rubble in the sump.
In addition, I am wondering if anyone can tell me what types of wrasse I would be able to add to this tank. I like the red coris but from what I have read they are not very hardy or a good choice. Looking for some advice as to what other similar wrasse(s) I would be able to add to the current collection of livestock in the tank. Thanks for any input.
Scott

ebsochin

As far as wrasses' go I would get a sixline! They are awesome. Be carefull with some of them because they can get territorial, expecially the lunare wrasse.

gibby84

Thanks for the welcome. I have been lurking here just reading for about a year and a half now. These forums have been awesome as a source of information about the hobby.
Scott

blueface

I wouldn't go w/ a 6line they can be very aggressive. I would try one of the fairy wrasses like a solar or a flasher wrasse. Make sure your tank is covered or I wouldn't even think about a wrasse. You don't want to spend your $$$ & find it carpet surfing one day!!

oceana

Originally Posted by blueface
I wouldn't go w/ a 6line they can be very aggressive. I would try one of the fairy wrasses like a solar or a flasher wrasse. Make sure your tank is covered or I wouldn't even think about a wrasse. You don't want to spend your $$$ & find it carpet surfing one day!!

???? i think if you took a poll more then 75% of the reefs on this board have a 6line.
six line is considered a peacful fish. the only time i have heard of a problem is if one has been in the tank a long time and a new fish was added. but even then they storys are far and few between. a 6 line is a great choice

ebsochin

I totally agree oceana. My sixline shows absolutely no agression to the other 15 tank mates (which happen to include 5 damsels). Infact he just minds his own business crusing the tank. I've never heard of them being agressive, but in this hobby there are always differences. I guess I got lucky.

oceana

Originally Posted by ebsOCHIN
I totally agree oceana. My sixline shows absolutely no agression to the other 15 tank mates (which happen to include 5 damsels). Infact he just minds his own business crusing the tank. I've never heard of them being agressive, but in this hobby there are always differences. I guess I got lucky.

well they CAN be little buggers thats for sure. but like i said its normaly only to new additions and even then its not very often