What Upgrades Should I Do For My Aquapod?

aquapod 24

I was thinking about upgrading the pump and the lighting for christmas. what pump and lighting would u suggest. also what about a cerculation pump that goes on the glass for water movement? Everything that i have in the tank currently is stock. thanks for all your posts in advanced. (also a light that would be able to keep a piece of bubble coral would be nice but its not a must)

aquapod 24

well my pump is sorda broken. i did a water change and cleaned the pump. i put the pump back in the tank, pluged it in and it didnt work. then i wiggled the wire a little and it worked. i just dont want to shock my fish lol

and i dont think its powerfull enough because there is a layer of muck on the surface and the skimmer douse not take care of it. u can kinda see it in the next picture.

troy989

if u want more flow get a powerhead and if its broke get a new one! btw nice tank i hope mine grows that algea on the back wall

aquapod 24

ya the stuff looks pretty cool but how do i get the junk off the top of the water? a new and more powerfull pump to get more flow through the filter?

bmkj02

Here is what I have done so far to mine. I cut the back of the hood to run pvc for my DIY over flow and return line. My return taps right into the stock fitting where the Loc lines are at. Runs below to a 20g sump and then back up by a mag 5 pump. Also have a Maxi jet 1200 with mod kit in the tank for more circulation.
My next project on this is upgrading the light. I will be adding an DIY 75w or 150w Metal Halide. Looking for a piece of tempered glass. Will cut out the place covering the light and replace it with that and then fitting the bulb somewhere in there. Ballast to cheap for it so money wise it shouldnt be that expensive

aquapod 24

I dont have room for a sump but any suggestions on like taking out the sponge filter and geting that alge stuff that you put in the back. i dont realy know what to do.

no_wedge

i don't really recommend anything but maybe a better pump, or if your lucky like me another of the same pump, and maybe a hydor flo i like it because it creates a varied current like the ocean, the corals love it, and it agitates the top. I point the directional heads to allow a constant water flow.
You need to aim for about 20 times your tank size in pumping water per hours so about 480gph for a 24g tank. also I put the mechanical sponge under the first intake and block the bottom 2 to allow water flow over the top, which eliminates the buildup

chaseter

Originally Posted by bmkj02
http:///forum/post/3131724
Here is what I have done so far to mine. I cut the back of the hood to run pvc for my DIY over flow and return line. My return taps right into the stock fitting where the Loc lines are at. Runs below to a 20g sump and then back up by a mag 5 pump. Also have a Maxi jet 1200 with mod kit in the tank for more circulation.
My next project on this is upgrading the light. I will be adding an DIY 75w or 150w Metal Halide. Looking for a piece of tempered glass. Will cut out the place covering the light and replace it with that and then fitting the bulb somewhere in there. Ballast to cheap for it so money wise it shouldnt be that expensive
You need to clean!