What water do i use 4 tank?

laxplaya

just got my 3 foot 50 gal with wet dry and protein skimmer. Plan on having plenty of live rock and 1.5 in of live sand. I want hard and soft coral, anemones, and different kinds of fis, crabs and other cleaners as well. I dont want to use nasty town water with chemicals in it, how can i get cheap spring, RO, or Distilled water? Those 5 gal poland springs are 7 bucks a piece!!! I wish i lived up in maine where my grndma lived because they have these water machines and water is like 40 cents a gallon but not here in southern connecticut. So what do i do? is getting and paying for spring/RO/distilled water more harm than using tap water?

patandlace

If you can't get RO water from a LFS or local store you should purchase an RO/DI unit to filter it yourself.

i just get bottled one-gallon jugs of drinking water from Walmart. It says "processed by : reverse osmosisis". it runs about 66 cent a gallon. it should cost you about $30 to fill your tank. some LFS sell their own RO water, you could just give the a call.

steve24

i know its not the best of water, but i have used distilled water from day one.
walmart sells it for like .38 cents a gal.
steve