What will a Powder Blue Coexsist with?

xraymama

I have 2 tanks with various tang fish. We are upgrading to much larger tank and wondering thoughts on if my powder blue will get along with a Naso, Yellow, Sailfin..?

jerth6932

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraymama http:///t/392364/what-will-a-powder-blue-coexsist-with#post_3483319
I have several 2 tanks with various tang fish. We are upgrading to much larger tank and wondering thoughts on if my powder blue will get along with a Naso, Yellow, Sailfin..?
What is MUCH LARGER? You could have a 8 gallon now and are upgrading to a 24 gallon.... THAT IS much larger, 3X.... But not sufficient. With a properly sized tank those fish will coexist. What size of tank are you upgrading to?

novahobbies

It really depends on the size of the tank and the disposition of the fish. Although PBTs are usually considered one of the more aggressive tangs, there are people who claim their PBTs are puppy dogs or even skittish fish. If you have him now....what is his attitude like? That will help determine his demeanor in the future.
If you're going to something BIGGER than the 120 you have listed on your profile, then you'll be in pretty good shape with most of the other tangs as long as you've provided a good combination of hiding holes and swimming room. From what I've read, I'm not sure it's a good idea to put a Naso in anything less than 240....preferably an 8 foot tank, but at least 240g. The Yellow or Sailfin should be good mates in something larger than 120, but you'll probably want to add the PBT last.

It really depends on the size of the tank and the disposition of the fish.  Although PBTs are usually considered one of the more aggressive tangs, there are people who claim their PBTs are puppy dogs or even skittish fish.  If you have him now....what is his attitude like?  That will help determine his demeanor in the future.
If you're going to something BIGGER than the 120 you have listed on your profile, then you'll be in pretty good shape with most of the other tangs as long as you've provided a good combination of hiding holes and swimming room.  From what I've read, I'm not sure it's a good idea to put a Naso in anything less than 240....preferably an 8 foot tank, but at least 240g.  The Yellow or Sailfin should be good mates in something larger than 120, but you'll probably want to add the PBT last.
+1. You will need a BIG tank for all those fish long term.

xraymama

Yes we are upgrading tanks now actually to a 375 gal. The PBT is in the 75 gal with a clown at the moment. Those two appear to be buddies. I am nervous to put him in with the rest of the population only because I was told that "they don't know they are a small fish" and will pick fights with any other fish not caring about the size difference. I knew he was labeled aggressive when I got him but he is sooo pretty!!! I don't want to see chewed fins and dead fish :(