What will happen next???

aandersen

Ok, I started my tank about a week and a half ago...I tested my levels and this is what they were on 4-8-04
pH-8.1
Ammonia-0.3
Nitrate-below 10
Nitrite-below 0.2
Sg-1.019
Temp 74
4-10-04
pH-8.1
Ammonia-0.6
Nitrate- below 10
Nitrite below 0.2
Sg-1.021
temp-74
Added raw shrimp 4-11 and took it out 4-13(couldn't stand the
smell)
4-13-04
pH-8.2
Ammonia-0
Nitrate-0
Nitrite0.2
Sg-1.021
temp-76
Am I making progress, will my nitrites come down and nitrates go up??? What will happen next

aandersen

Thanks for the reply, that was the first thing I have read that I completely understand.....Since I took the shrimp out because of the smell, will it keep cycling or stop, I would assume it will just take alot longer.....Should I add another shrimp or just let it do its thing???

jgonier

AAndersen
Have you ever checked out Forest Lake Pets? I went there the other day. I was not real impressed on the way there tanks looked (algea on everything) but I was real impressed with their fish. I did not see one dead fish in any of the 400 tanks. Not on fish had sunken belly's like *****'s starved fish, and the prices, let's just say I found my new store to shop at. They had fish for sale that ***** would charge $150.00 for and they were only asking around $59.00. Anemonies were going for two for $100.00 and they had other big sales. Not to mention, they were the first store I've been to that actually carries parts for the equipment they sell. I found my all in one shop. Forget World Of Fish.

aandersen

I have been to Forest Lake Pets, I was impressed with the store however most of their SW tanks were overrun with algae and a few were covered in aptasia but the SW fish did look healthy....the FW fish however I noticed that quite a few of their tanks had ich.....have you been to aqualand, that is by far my favorite store so far, the people there really know what they are talking about...I also go to something fishy for LR it is the best I have seen but it is $10 lb