What will my lemon peel angelfish eat?!

soccerbo24

I just introduced a lemon peel angelfish into my tank and he will not eat my formula one pellets, or there formula one frozen food, or green seaweed. What will he eat? He goes around and picks at the live rock is that enough food?

trigger40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerbo24 http:///t/397545/what-will-my-lemon-peel-angelfish-eat#post_3543389
I just introduced a lemon peel angelfish into my tank and he will not eat my formula one pellets, or there formula one frozen food, or green seaweed. What will he eat? He goes around and picks at the live rock is that enough food?
sence you just got him it will be a while befor he starts eating the food you feed. i feed my angle rods food and he loves it.

pegasus

Taken from ***********: The diet of the Lemonpeel Angelfish should include Spirulina, marine algae, high-quality angelfish preparations, mysis or frozen shrimp, and other meaty items. This angelfish requires more algae and seaweed in its diet than most angels.

New fish may not eat right away, or they may not recognize the meal you present them as food. If it gets hungry enough, chances are it will likely start eating whatever you offer it. Some fish, especially wild-caught fish, can be difficult to convert to captive diets. Sometimes you have to offer many choices until you find what they like. I have several jars of different flake and pellet foods on hand just for that purpose. Once they start eating, it's easy to train them to eat other foods.

Angels graze on microalgae that grows on live rocks, so it's a natural feeding habit. I don't have a lemon peel, but I do have a coral beauty, and their diets are very similar. I feed mine Cobalt Mysis/Spirulina flakes (ALL my fish love it), and supplement it with frozen Mysis every other day. The only fish in my tank that eats the seaweed sheet is my yellow tang, and it eats very little of it. My angel and tang prefer live plants, so I drop them a few strands of Fern Caulerpa from my refugium about once a week. Ulva a gracilara are good macro algae to feed, also... but I can't grow it fast enough to keep up with the demand.