What would be a large tank to you?

maeistero

500+

i already have a few around 100-200 and they all are starting to look small.

i want a real species tank for a shark or larger trigger.

rainstate6

to me when im walking around the LFS looking at tanks and drooling once you see the size difference between say a 125 or 150 and then look at a 210 that seems to me to be a big tank especialy next to my humble 30, we are moving in about 5 months and they have a nice 175 corner. (right in the middle). :thinking:

drewsta

I have no space left in my house however I am building a cafe and i'm putting a 250g long in as the front of my counter

reefrobert

I have a 20 gal cycling now, plus i bought a 90 gal to.
They don't look as big in the store, but when you get it home, its hugh!
I have been eyeing a 210, 6 ft long or 240 that 8 ft long.
Thats big enough for now.

S

sinner's girl

Sinner said my next tank has to be double what I have, so at least 150. I just want a tank large enough for a yellow tang, so 6ft would be good.
Of course we have no more room, but I doubt Sinner needs his night stand, if I move that I can have space for another tank. Of course, I'm not sure the floor could hold another tank....

kronnk7

Go as big as you can. I'm still not sure about the tang vs. tank size thing. I think each fish is different kinda like people. But if I could I'd get a 90 bow. but that $ thing!!!

sleasia

I have a 200 gallon...I feel convinced now that at the time I should have bought a 300 gallon....but really, when all the kids are off on their own I'd say the sky is the limit. somewhere at the end of the tunnel is a 600 gallon tank waiting
just for me.

fiji_blue

But the biggest would be the best, someday i want a 500,000 gallon saltwater tank which i would go snorkeling in it everyday. (at work) lol

everclear

You might already know about this but in middle Tennessee there is an aquarium builder with huge tanks custom made to & prices seem good. it's glasscages.com

phixer

Ahh the most philosophically profound question a marine aquarist can ask.
It is well know throuought the land that it is theoretically impossible to have a big enough tank :hilarious , If practical Id put a wall around the ocean and install viewing windows. :hilarious As a general rule of thumb though, tank size is often in direct porportion to the spouses endorsement.
Each year this changes for me but right now Id say 500G is big.
"ONE'S LIFE TENDS TO BE LIKE A BEAVERS,
ONE DAMN THING AFTER ANOTHER"

omgsaltwat

I thinking just build a room over the above ground pool add viewing windows! however the better half did't think it was such a good ideal
. Oh well maybe this winter