What would be good to get?

sxy_kya_06

I have a humu humu and a fiji puffer. I would love to get a banana wrasse and or a maroon clown, but i am not sure how that would go with these guys... any suggestion for future tank mates? I do not want lions, trigger, or puffers

kjr_trig

I already posted my feelings on this when you posted it in the "Fish Discussion" forum, a Banana Wrasse (more commonly known as the Sunset Wrasse) is far too big for a 55 gallon...Unfortunately a 55 is too small for a Huma too....Your Figi is great in there, throw in the Maroon Clown, and maybe a Dwarf Angel and your set.

sxy_kya_06

Besides the clown, what else would be good. Hopefully some thing that the trigger could get along with... All suggestions are great.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by Sxy_kya_06
Besides the clown, what else would be good. Hopefully some thing that the trigger could get along with... All suggestions are great.
I really think you should consider trading in the Huma, he is going to be aggressive to anything you put in that small tank....You can have a nice 55 gallon FO tank, but triggers and tangs are too aggressive in small tanks.

L

lsu

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
I really think you should consider trading in the Huma, he is going to be aggressive to anything you put in that small tank....You can have a nice 55 gallon FO tank, but triggers and tangs are too aggressive in small tanks.
Second that!!

srfisher17

Originally Posted by LSU
Second that!!
Third that!
There are a lot of cute little Humas on the market; but, they quickly turn into aggressive, large triggers. I've seen a 2" Huma kill, by nipping and stress, a fish many times its size. There are many of us who have learned this lesson the hard way. If you insist on keeping that Huma, especially in a 55, chances are 99% you'll regret it.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by srfisher17
Third that!
There are a lot of cute little Humas on the market; but, they quickly turn into aggressive, large triggers. I've seen a 2" Huma kill, by nipping and stress, a fish many times its size. There are many of us who have learned this lesson the hard way. If you insist on keeping that Huma, especially in a 55, chances are 99% you'll regret it.

I suppose I will be a 4th...I said that in the other thread as well..

minnienjoe

It saddens me to hear the negitive about the humu humu. I have one which I love. He eats out of my fingers, chases our fingers, spits, blows bubbles, watches us, always comes up to the top of the tank to greet us & lets me pet him and yes he nips some times. He seems moody. He is in a small tank right now, but in the next week we will get him a large tank because I love him so much. We want to get him a tank mate, but not sure what to get him. I've read he can co-exist with other triggers and then I've read not to put him in with others, I guess I better buy something atleast his size and cheap. It's nice to have a fish that definately isnt boring! I didnt know a fish could have such a personality! Is there any other fish similar in personality?