What would YOU do in this situation?

stdreb27

Well, I've never hit anything, besides a dillo. And I just kept on going. I did once see a deer hit a car once then jump a barb wire fence.
I would personally, not serve to miss an animal. My cousin did that once to miss a dog rolled her car and broke her mom's kneck. She couldn't walk for a couple years. It wasn't worth the life of a dog.

jennythebugg

my mom and i just returned from a trip to ft worth and we hit a lizard
, i feel your pain though i hit an armadillo years ago but it got lodged in the tirewell i had to take my tire off to get the poor little thing out ...
always feels awful when you hit something

greg9871

in the last month or so ive seen four cars/trucks hit deer, its quite crazy to pull up to a stop sign and see a semi go flying past and annihilate it little bit of a mess, or the one that my sister and I hit, it realy sucks to total ur car

howardj

hm, so.. "Change Oil" light came on today..
ok..
we were away, got some oil, oil filter, and an air filter..
Get home..Get out the ramps..
The Left guard under the car.. fine..
Middle guard under the car.. fine..
Right guard under the car.. what right guard under the car?..
I didn't even notice that!!
My beautiful car, damaged!!

--To finish the oil story.. my car can't go up on the ramps b/c it is too low to the ground

well.. the left side can't, the right side can

shrimpi

when I was a little younger I went out one night and a road very close to my house had a 'dead' coon on it.
It was night time, it wasnt moving.. so I figured it was dead. (I didnt hit it, the animal was already down when I came to it)
the next AM i went out with my mom and the critter was (obviously) still on that same road near my home except this time it was moving!
Oh my god, it was hit last night and has been suffering since then.
I stopped and it was so terribly injured, the jaw was broken etc.. I wont get graphic.. but it was BAD.
So my mom and I (the morons that we are) went home ,got our handgun and tried to put it out of its misery.
now, I lived in the north eastern suburbs of chicago, a very high income flooty area...
My mom and I were so hysterical about the hurt animal that we shot at it 6 times and missed.. yeah, we are retards.
So we called the cops and they sent a officer.
The officer dragged the animal off the road into the brush and shot it in the STOMACH! ok. so Im furious that he shoots it in the stomach, not the head, the animal was thrashing and wasnt dead. He was trying to fight or something. I mean come on, hit by a car and shot in the stomach! The officer shot it 4 more times.. in the STOMACH before the animal finally died.
This has stuck with me for so long. it was about 10 years ago and it still makes me hurt on the inside when I think about it. What a jerk the cop was.. and that poor animal suffered so terribly :(
Ive never hit an animal but the area I lived it was quite common as there was alot of forest-y area. I dont know what I would do if I
hit one!!
Jess

ci11337

My neighbors dog is an absolute beast and it occasionally brings home half dead small animals. I get a call about once a month to come over and finish something with the pellet gun. Anyway in your situation i would have shot it.