what would you do???

windgrace03

I have a 150g cycling as I talk. I know I am going to get either a brazil dragon eel, or a white mouth moray, but I wanted a clown trigger but have been reading around about people talking about lions. I love the color or the trigger but like the looks of the lions. What would you guys rather have???

srfisher17

Originally Posted by windgrace03
http:///forum/post/3227872
I have a 150g cycling as I talk. I know I am going to get either a brazil dragon eel, or a white mouth moray, but I wanted a clown trigger but have been reading around about people talking about lions. I love the color or the trigger but like the looks of the lions. What would you guys rather have???
This is your call, just don't keep the two together. There are lots of fish you can keep with a lion; very few that a CT won't destroy.

deejeff442

no doubt,i was looking to get the clown but after some reading decided against it.make sure you have a lid on the tank for the eel or one day you will find him on the floor.

B

bigtankbigfish

CT will cause issues when u go to add more fish down the line. Lions are kinda boring though. Get the eel and one nice sized grouper. Thats the direction id go. But then u would need an oversized skimmer. Also I have an eel and dont use a lid but I have a TON of rockwork for him to hide and keep him fed. He never comes out.

windgrace03

Okay got it narrowed down. Is it to much for a 150 with a whitemout moray, 2 vio lions, and 2 either powder blue tangs or purple tangs??? and could i mix the tangs, like one of each. And also what would you add first??

srfisher17

Originally Posted by windgrace03
http:///forum/post/3229489
Okay got it narrowed down. Is it to much for a 150 with a whitemout moray, 2 vio lions, and 2 either powder blue tangs or purple tangs??? and could i mix the tangs, like one of each. And also what would you add first??
The 2 lions SHOULD be fine; just buy them the same size. Two tangs of the same species, even the same genus is asking for trouble. Oddly, 3 or more often work. I have 3 grown purple tangs that have been together since they were about the size of a half-dollar. Recently, one looked odd and I put him in QT to keep an eye on him; the two remaining were at war instantly and I had to separate them---as soon as all 3 were back together---peace & harmony returned. A PB and a purple SHOULD be OK---but you never know; both are aggressive fish. I'd put the tangs in last; about the same size and at the same time. Its always best to QT, so you may have to QT one, then the second. The tangs will do better if you let the tank mature a while. As far as overstocking; I think you're OK, but I also value the opinions of those who disagree.

R

rcreations

I think a CT is much more fun to watch and much more active than any lion I've seen. Lions are cool fish but they have more of an initial wow factor. Over time they're kinda boring... they don't move much and don't do anything interesting. Lions are most interesting when they eat.

crypt keeper

I do it. The CT isnt going to snap anytime soon. Id get a Powder Blue a large angel and a CT. They will be fine fine for a couple years in that tank togethet

hammerhed7

Not to pee in the punch bowl, but I have always been a fan of lions, I have 2 adult volitans in my 220 and they are actually very active. I would go with an eel, lion, aussie tusk, and then add a tang last, but thats just me.