What would You put in a 155?

aquashelle

I know some people don't like replying to these, but I'm truly looking for possibilities for my 155, which is either going to be reef, or FOWLR. What would you put in it if you owned this tank? Any ideas are really appreciated, thanks!

R

regina13

I love tangs, large angels, eels, puffers.
I am no expert, but I am 99.9% shure you can have a large angel or two.

There are soo many choices. Start by telling us what you like and we can help you from there.

aquashelle

I really like Tangs, angels, and other large colorful fish, and my father loves spooted sweetlips, and colorful wrasses, aswell as parrotfish and triggers. Any ideas from there?

R

regina13

Originally Posted by aquashelle
http:///forum/post/2673106
I really like Tangs, angels, and other large colorful fish, and my father loves spooted sweetlips, and colorful wrasses, aswell as parrotfish and triggers. Any ideas from there?
In my opinion it is not big enough for a sweetlips or parrotfish. I think you could get away with a " peaceful" trigger.
I would try posting this in the aggressive section too. There are people there that could really help.

95harley

Depends on what your looking for.
Do you want high or low maintence?
Cost involved?
Pets or Eye candy?
Nice looks with low maintence do a reef, but for my taste I prefer pets. I have no interest in growing rocks or mushroom...YET, in my life.
Now, a heavy stockload means more feedings, and cleanings. Light stockloads might be boring and empty looking. Lots of small fish, a few big fish, a mixture of both. Hearty vs fragile.
A lot of these questions will answer what your looking for.
Some say a tank with a massive single fishwows them, others prefer a mix of colors that come from small schooling fish, others prefer a reef tank with a several small fish or inverts crawling around on frags. Some like rare, some like common and cheap.
So you have to decide what you like first to narrow it down.
As for myself, I'd have just what I have with a little extra. 2 large eels (maybe a pair of Dragon morays) with lots of LR and inverts and maybe some small fast CHEAP fish for color and activity.

95harley

Originally Posted by BigTankBigFish
http:///forum/post/2673076
they are awesome.
What is a Chinese Dragon eel? I saw a Brazilian DME called a Chinese the other day and just figured the shop was clueless.
Never heard or read about this one.

Originally Posted by 95Harley
http:///forum/post/2673384
Depends on what your looking for.
Do you want high or low maintence?
Cost involved?
Pets or Eye candy?
Nice looks with low maintence do a reef, but for my taste I prefer pets. I have no interest in growing rocks or mushroom...YET, in my life.
Now, a heavy stockload means more feedings, and cleanings. Light stockloads might be boring and empty looking. Lots of small fish, a few big fish, a mixture of both. Hearty vs fragile.
A lot of these questions will answer what your looking for.
Some say a tank with a massive single fishwows them, others prefer a mix of colors that come from small schooling fish, others prefer a reef tank with a several small fish or inverts crawling around on frags. Some like rare, some like common and cheap.
So you have to decide what you like first to narrow it down.
As for myself, I'd have just what I have. 1 large eel with lots of LR. I find it interesting, pet like as I hand feed him, tank is somewhat low maint as I could go as much as a several weeks without feeding if I ever had to without risk. And I get a WOW factor when I walk up to the tank and he comes out of hiding and comes right up to the glass to see me. Again we are all different have different taste.
+infinity

aquashelle

Thanks for all the help!
I wouldn't mind meduim maintenance to the tank, I have the freetime. I love fish that are colorful, but the thought of having to keep up a reef is kinda scary, but I may try. Thanks for all the help everyone!

N

nemo_66

i know if i had a tank that big i would definately but a naso that has streamers and some sort of trigger or two.

kellidix

IMO, a smart way to do it is to figure out all the fish you like and then do research on each of them to figure out the max tank size because some may outgrow your tank. That narrows it down a bit. Then I would look at which fish can be tankmates and which cannot. Some are aggressive and some are more passive. Then look at what else you plan on having in your tank: corals, shrimp, crabs, etc. Some of the fish you choose will eat them, so you wouldn't want that. Also, look at what the fish need in their diet. Some require more expensive food than others, some require live vs. frozen, etc.
When I had my 55 FO, I listed out all the fish I liked and asked my LFS to roughly tell me how many fish I could have and went from there. Now, I have a 125 FO that I transferred everything to and added some other fish and have a pretty peaceful tank. Everybody gets along and they leave my shrimp and crabs alone.
It helps to read, read, read and ask questions from your LFS before making any decisions. Try to plan ahead so you end up with a happy, healthy environment for your pets.

earnit33

Originally Posted by aquashelle
http:///forum/post/2673416
Thanks for all the help!
I wouldn't mind meduim maintenance to the tank, I have the freetime. I love fish that are colorful, but the thought of having to keep up a reef is kinda scary, but I may try. Thanks for all the help everyone!
Reef seems to be easier in my opinion!

fishkid13

I would a mixed-reef.
1-naso tang
2-yellow tangs
1-flame angle(dwarf)
2or3-pink skunk clowns
2-scooter blennys
1-bicolor blenny
1or2-flaser wrasse
maybe more but a good clean up crew would be good.

saka bra

haha a japanese eel costs like $1,000$. a naso with streamers would look nice. wouldnt recomend 2 angels, fight like crazy

masterid

They swim and crawl. Slither and fly. We’ve got an otter and an octopus, lizards and ducks. Sea jellies and a sea turtle. And, of course, a wild assortment of fishes, from tetras to sharks.
Weedy sea-dragon,Dwarf seahorse,Yellow seahorse,Long snout seahorse,Barbour's seahorse,Potbelly seahorse,Lined seahorse There are many more. It depend on your choice and interest that what do you want in your aquarium
http://www.agritura.com?

rotarymagic

While this comment is gonna backfire, I'll make it anyway...
Some poor advice going on in here... You shouldn't keep a naso tang in a tank that is less than 8feet. fishkid13, have you even kept a tank?? What you are posting is ridiculous..
Also ROFLMAO at the Chinese Dragon Eel comment.. Is this a red DME? lol.
What are the dimensions of this "155?"