What's a good/Safe ACRYLIC tank scraper / scrubber???

hefner413

I have a 55 gal acrylic tank with curved corners in the front. What is a good scraper / scrubber that is safe for acrylic? I've seen many "acrylic safe" scrubbing pads - but they seem SO rough - I would think that they would definitely scratch the tank. Anybody have something they recommend?
THANKS!

autofreak44

there is no realy safe way to scrub acrylic except to make shure there is no rocks or sand in between the scrubber and the glass. i know you can take one of those "scours without scratching" sponges and cut the mesh off the sponge and wrap it around a magfloat or equivelant but there is still no gurantee it wont scratch it. despite my best efforts my acrylic has a nice deep scratch right down the front, so just pay atention and make shure its not scratching

dcr

I use the Acrylicare Pads for Magnavore mag cleaners. They feel rough, but as long as you don't drag something between it and the acrylic, you'll be fine. I also use the Kent scraper for acyrlic, and those little credit card type deals they sell at the LFS.
I scratched my tank a few times on accident, but...I don't know of many established acrylic tanks that don't have one or two.