whats better

hunt

should i get a 24w 24in t5ho zoo med aqua sun light fixture for 45$ for my tank or stick with my 65w pc fixture?
im looking for a new light and i want to know which is better (i dont have a whole lot of lighting expirience so any help is appreciated)
thanks,
hunt

btldreef

Is your current setup a total of 60 watts or is each bulb 60watts on the PC?
The zoo Med isn't a bad light. I'd swap out for better bulbs over time though, as almost all stock bulbs are not so great. If you're limited on cash, you could do the one zoo med for now and add another later on as well, I don't know what your ultimate goal is for your tank or what size it is.
What size tank? Have you considered a DIY setup for lighting? DIY T5's aren't that bad.

hunt

its a 29g tank, with a 65w (one bulb) pc light fixture. I want to move on to more difficult corals instead of mushrooms, polythoas, and kenyas.
i honestly wouldnt know how to do a diy light, but im willing to learn if i can get some good instructions.

btldreef

Ahh, the T5 might be the better route, but there are better fixtures out there, they're just expensive. I did a DIY T5 setup (well, sort of DIY) for actinics when I had single ended halides on my tank. GLO makes a ballast that will run two lights. I think the ballast costs about $20, at least that's what my LFS sold them to me for. If you could find something to mount the end caps onto, even a broken light that you just gut, this might work for you.
If you can swing the money, get two Zoo Meds or look for a better light fixture. I ended up with a used MH with LED moonlights over my nano, it cost me $100 with a 2 month old bulb. Works great.