What's going right?

pezenfuego

I look at people's tanks all day and it seems as though people post pictures mainly if their setups have problems. I love helping, but after a while it gets old and slightly depressing.
So what is going right in your tanks right now? Post some pictures. I love hearing about other's tanks.
I'll start. My hammer coral looks wonderful after somewhat of a recession from moving and from my leathers sliming quite a bit. My clowns aren't fighting any more, so I think they might pair soon, and my new colt is now attached. I just have to get rid of this pesky pistol shrimp and all will be well.
Okay, it's your turn! What is going right with you?
Tell me about any tank, freshwater, saltwater, brackish, even your toilet tank. Tell me what's going on. I really want to know!

dabnub

set up 29 bio 10/01/08 added 6 soft corals 12/25/08 lost a couple but yellow polyps and mushrooms have begun to spread. the colt and the finger leather still look ok. Ihave been told that polyps may spread enough to be a problem but being a nube i am so proud that they have started to propagate

natclanwy

Everything has been going great with my tank for the last year and since I started dripping kalk daily my growth rates have increased dramatically. So other than an elusive coral eating euncid worm and minor mishap with dripping kalkwasser and my PH spiking from 8.1-8.7 in about 2hrs a couple weeks ago I have had no issues.
Here's a full tank shot. Guess I need to take another one my GSP was closed up for a few days when I took this pic not sure why it closed up but it has returned to normal now.

uneverno

Dear Mr. Pez,
I have this pink stuff growing in my toilet that I can't get rid of.
Sorry - couldn't resist.
My tank's doing really well. The cyano's going away, albeit s-l-o-w-l-y. My Pygmy Angel has decided the baby clown isn't worth his time any more, so the clown's starting to explore the tank, and eating like a pig. I also got this awesome purple/black feather duster yesterday. The rock it's on came with a cool calcerous tube worm and some as yet unidentified polyps as well. All are out and doing well this am.
Oh - plus - my pink Hawaiian duster seems to have survived the attack of a horrific shrimp no-one knew wasn't reef safe. It's building new tube and despite having lost it's crown, it was poking out yesterday. (Shrimp is now gone, and I didn't have to destroy my tank to catch him - howz that for good news?! Not much more than a bite, but he was pretty tasty.)
j/k - the thought crossed my mind, but instead he went back to LFS with a large cautionary note attached.

flower

• I got rid of hair algae!
  • I got a new skimmer that is working great!
  • I put in an auto top off unit, all by myself! and it works
  • My Phosphates are down to 0.1 from 1.0

I am getting 3 new corals from SWF.com (Monday!)

I also ordered a frilly sponge from them!

I now have 14K MH bulbs

Someone is swapping my PC lights for some more coral!
I won't post a picture until the new coral is all open and beautiful...then I will show it off. However things are going right!

I love, love, love that fish tank natchanwy!

salt life

I'm broke so I haven't been able to do much with the tanks besides tweek out the issues and I still have a microbubble problem BUT life goes on.

Nat - awesome tank
flower- good luck with your new corals, sounds like things have been going well for you

Got my new 55g together and running. Almost a month now!
My fish are looking great in my QT after going through a hypo before transferring them.
My corals are growing great! I've had a few new things bloom? up, good things I guess,, looks like hitchhiking corals!
Got my lights ordered, (only 2 of 4 are working)
My cleaner shrimp and my skunkback (purpleback) psuedochromis seem to love each other, if you can believe that.. most people said that psuedo's would attack him,, but he goes right through his little holes and sits right by him as the shrimp runs his whiskers all over him. AWESOME to me!
Got a few hermit crabs I can't identify! But they don't eat my corals. (I originally adopted a hermit crab tank from a friend,,, thats how this all got started! lol)
Found out that my worms are actually ok, from the same family as the spaghetti worm family.
And currently trying to figure out this sump, wet/dry, refugium thing. So many different opinions, options, configurations, etc.!
I'm Loving it man! Keeps me going!

ibew41

just came back from a frag swap and picked up some stuff ,also my wife says tank is getting crowded maybe I should get a bigger tank

zoocraze

Freshwater 125 is doing good but FW is easy. Just got 50lbs of LR for my 60SW. I have another 100lbs coming in on wednesday, cant wait. Got it from SWF.com and it looks great. Coralife skimmer came in friday and one part was broke so I am still working with the seller on that. Wednesday my new T5 light should come in. I love new tanks, I hate new credit card statements. I am trying a new feeding system for my coral/clowns. I take a bunch of mysis, brine, squid, cyclops, silver sides and chop it all up. Then I added some unchopped and froze it in a ice tray. Hopefully the corals will like it.
Nice tank natclanwy!

pezenfuego

First off. Nice tank Nat. Is that a room divider? I've always liked how tanks look when they're in the middle of a room.
I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you guys. After reading all the posts on here, I began to wonder.
Keep up the good work guys. Flower, feel free to post coral pics here when you're ready

E

eric b 125

my fish are almost finished w/ hypo and they're looking fantastic. also, will be getting an asm g-3 in two weeks, so thats always good.

natclanwy

Originally Posted by PEZenfuego
http:///forum/post/3001885
First off. Nice tank Nat. Is that a room divider? I've always liked how tanks look when they're in the middle of a room.
I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you guys. After reading all the posts on here, I began to wonder.
Keep up the good work guys. Flower, feel free to post coral pics here when you're ready

Yes it is a room divider and I really like tanks that you can see from both sides too. Its a real challenge to do the rock work with room divider 55g and still leave enough room between the glass and the rock to be able to get in to clean the glass and reach the sand bed.

flower

Originally Posted by natclanwy
http:///forum/post/3002299
Yes it is a room divider and I really like tanks that you can see from both sides too. Its a real challenge to do the rock work with room divider 55g and still leave enough room between the glass and the rock to be able to get in to clean the glass and reach the sand bed.
Where I used to live, my 75g was a room divider. No kidding on the rock work. Also corals need to be placed on both sides so the lights have to be adjusted, most (PC) has blue actinic lighting in front and white lights towards the back. I had to set everything center.
Your tank is beautiful, and so clear it looks like it has no water at all. I love it. Congrats!

jennln

After a battle with my nano, losing my candycane and almost my frogspawn too, I've managed to turn it around and everything is looking great
I'm very relieved about that!

coastie5685

jennIn - sorry for the loss ...
my bc14 setup in jan of '09 is doing realll good.. two fish and the rest coral.. candy cane.. two types of leathers.. red sea xenia.. ric.. mushrooms.. zoas. all doing very good..
lost a torch frag though but tht was due to high salinity. it was at 1.028. thats the only thing yet though..