whats going wrong with clown?

stonedage

So I thought that i had a prob with aips stinging my clown but that has been proven incorrect and its just a bunch of small feather dusters, oops, so now Im back to trying to figure out what is happening to my clown to make him go all black, what can i do? hope the pic helps abit, thanx
SA

stonedage

beth-there is nothing in my tank that stings, well nothing that i know of, is there somekind of hitch hiker that would be doing it? brittle start wont do it right? other than that is just your typical shrimp zoos and snails, the things that i thought were aips are just feather dusters im told, i posted a pic and thread about that recently, you could see that photo if you look at my past threads. I need to figurethis out before i have a black and white clown. thanxSA

beth

Administrator
Staff member
There are plenty of tiny organisms on just live with stinging cells. That mushroom polyp in that picture can cause it. That is hypermelaninization.

stonedage

that black was starting long befor i added the mushroom, what would you do in my case? If i cant figure it out he is just gunna get blacker and blacker. Im really at a loss here, i dont want to have to get rid of him but at the same time if he is going to be getting stung all of the time maybe ill have to. is there some kind of treatment i can add to the water to help mis slime coat or anything? thanx again
SA