What's In A Name

demosthenes

I know that this thread has shown up many times before, but with the recent influx of new members, I have been wondering as to how some of the members got their names. So, if you wouldn't mind, what's your name mean or stand for?
PS Demosthenes is my favorite philosopher whose views I share.

jawz

hmm i had this name on other boards, with some variations, some people called me it cuz i had pirahnas and vicious pets like scorpions. Theres my origin

richard rendos

mine was given to me by my mother and father at my birth. I didn't have much choice in the matter. One good thing - it is easy for me to remember.

frozenguy

um.....well, i put 256 because it is the first three digits of my phone number....and i guess frozenguy was already in use????
i've never seen it around before..anyways, i use it for my id for everything....i dunno..i just like it......

rickycobra

Rickycobra, my first name is ricky, and I owned a 97 cobra mustang convertible, until my friend tried to run from the cops in it. yep he tottalled it, now im ricky cobraless

robchuck

My first name is Robert, my middle name is Charles, and my parents called me RobChuck when I was growing up.

acez28

Ace is what i always used when i put my initials on video games when i break highscores and Z28 is the kind of car i have.

tapalotapus

We where asked in school what type of dinosaur we would be and this is what I came up with. Been using as a screen name since. :)

broncofish

I drive an 86 bronco, and my real life nickname has been fish for as long as I can remember now...so broncofish was born

barry769

There was already a scott in my fraternity at school, so they started calling me barry because its part of my last name. I pretty much just randomly picked the 769 part when I first got AOL a long time ago and have had it on every screen name of mine since.

heyoo

I'm Heyoo...
Its all about the respect I get at work. Most people think that's my name....
They burst into the lab saying, "Hey you... lab guy... test this for me!". Do this, do that. blah, blah.

firnobulax

Ok, you asked. Being a fan of Frank Zappa all of my handles are derived somehow from a Zappa tune... If you listen to Zappa at all you will know what I am talking about and if you do not listen to Zappa then now is the time to start! Firnobulax is a mutation of the name that Zappa gave the evil poodle dog in his song cheepnis. Although that was on one rendition of the tune, other renditions the evil poodle sometimes had different names...
Tank in progress(well... going up as we speak):
75 gal AGA Reef Rdy.
Remora Pro or TurboFlotor 1000 skimmer(I have both in testing)
20gal sump
15 gal 'fuge
2x175 MH 10,000k w/NO actinic