What's in YOUR fuge?

suver569

Just curious. I'm setting up a fuge, and I'm wondering what the majority of people keep in there. Mud, sand, rock, algae?

reefnut

Originally posted by Kip4130
sand, macros, rock rubble, pods, various snails, various sand worms, and many filter feeders

Same here but with 2- pepperments also...

escape2thewater

a thick layer of sand ( about 5 inches ), rock rubble, caulerpa prolifera, C. racemosa, red mangroves, many worms, pods, some snails, etc.
KYle

blk822

First section has mineral mud and spegetti, second has prolifera and mineral mud, there are also worms snails, and what have you. Thinking about putting in a pepp. shrimp.

blk822

Yea thats something to think about because I have seen my peppermints eatting bristle worms.

reefnut

Originally posted by Kip4130
just me... but i am not a big fan of pep shrimp in a fuge... they'd eat the pods... in fact... i am not a big fan of pep shrimp at all...
but like i said... thats just me.

Yea, I've read they will eat on pods... I had a healthy population of Aiptasia starting in the fuge so I decided to add a couple peps. I like them though. I have 2- in the fuge, 6- in the 110g and 5- in the 55g. I've read that they might nip at corals but I have not seen anything to indicate that is happening... of course they only come out at night so I don't get a chance to watch them much.

escape2thewater

MY peppermints behave pretty well, My scralet cleaner shrimp digs into my zoos all the time looking for worms to eat & he usually gets them! Figures, I have the wierd shrimp.....
KYle