Whats my BTA doing?

hoseman77

Okay, I came back from Reno today and found my BTA looking weird. It looks like its foot is puffed up or something. I've had my BTA for 6 months or so and has been doing well. It has split once and I feed it silversides or Kreel once a week. My water perameters are
Ammonia=0
Nitrites=0
Nitrates=0
Phosphates=0
Ph 8.2
Salinity a little high at 1.028 ( I usually keep it between 1.024-1.026
KH 8
Temp 76.8
Pictures will be up soon

invertcrazy

I have to agree with Alexknight, It looks your anemone is moving or getting ready to move and also looks bleached. Post a little more about your tank parameters and the lighting.

hoseman77

So you both say it looks a little bleached. Is that bad?
I use t-5 lighting one fixture has 4 lights (216W) and the other has 2 (108W)both split with daylight and actnics
ya he moved alot yesterday, i've never seen him move that much before and I found out that my timer on my lights stopped working so they were on 48hrs strait...so I think that might have something to do with it. I also brought my alkalinity dh to 10 instead of 8 and my salinity back down to 1.025, it was a little high at 1.028

lmecher

Do you feed it, seeing that it is so bleached, it needs suplimental feedings. Also bump up your temp a few degrees. What is it's natural color? How long has it looked this way? Splitting was it's way to increasing it's chance for survival, not good for them split in this condition.
This will explain bleaching. With a little tlc your anemone can recover but it will take a long time.
http://www.karensroseanemones.com/zooxanthellaeloss.htm