Whats my tank doing now?

hiddenicon

i just put the live rock in, can someone tell me whats doing on in the water? and is there anything i should do now

standish

Hiddenicon - We have explained this to you and given you resources to help you find more information, and you still keep asking the same questions.
Either you are a troll, or you have not bothered to read anything we have already repeatedly stated.
If there is something in particular you do not understand about the information we have already given you, then ask.
Otherwise stop wasting our time.

T

tizzo

Now, now standish... Let's at least explain "troll" incase he is sincere.
Hiddenicon, a troll is one who deliberately causes trouble in the forem for the sole purpose of pi**ing people off. It is not a personal insult.

nflnutswif

:nope: :nope: :nope: Ya know, I've been crusin this site for quite awhile now, just trying to learn more from experienced hobbiest, and have to say im getting a little frustrated with the smartalics responding to a new persons question!
Come on lighten up, I have a feeling thats why I've seen quite a few hobbiest drop off the site!
Just my opinion!!

nflnutswif

Yup, happy fishing standish!!! :rolleyes:
BYE!
"Patience and research are the two things you need most to be successful in this hobby.
Don't learn this the hard way."
A little harsh on both our parts, Don't you think? You are an asset to many but heed your own quote. . . BE Patient!

I agree with being patient, but if you ask a question and people spend the time explaining it all...then you need to spend the time reading it. If he is going to just keep posting the same questions over and over and never bother to read what they tell him...then he is flooding the board with questions he obviously has no interest in getting answered.

beautful

Originally posted by nflnutswif
:nope: :nope: :nope: Ya know, I've been crusin this site for quite awhile now, just trying to learn more from experienced hobbiest, and have to say im getting a little frustrated with the smartalics responding to a new persons question!
Come on lighten up, I have a feeling thats why I've seen quite a few hobbiest drop off the site!
Just my opinion!!

yes yes yes i feel like that too.........
today is my first day and i don't feel good about how people respon on this site
there is too many website that will help people as need
i find this site when i was ordering from salterfish.com
they need to drop some people that have smartalics posting responding.................

firedad720

i agree totally. if you think someone is asking to many ?s just don't bother to anwser. there really is to much rudeness from some people on this board, just because they don't like what someone wrote. on the same token, thanks to everyone who can give good advise even when they don't agree with a post.
thanks rick

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Can we please lighten up here. This member has a total of 24 posts, hardly time to be repetitive ad nauseam. This board is here to be helpful, and, yes, sometimes repetitiveness and hand-holding is needed. If I blasted everyone who asked me yet another question about ich [yes even the same person over and over], I would have had a cornary a long time ago.
If someone is causing a problem on the BB it will come to light soon enough and it will be up to the moderators to deal with it. In the meantime, either contribute to the thread, or move on.

T

tizzo

Let's try this again...
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/121674/how-long-do-i-wait-to-put-in-the-fish
I was EXTREMELY patient, and answered all of his questions in this post. Just to find that the next day he asks the same thing again. I can understand if he doesn't believe me, or thinks my replies were inaccurate, but that does not seem to be the case. He tells me he added LR 2 weeks ago, then says he added it yesterday in another post, to see (I can only assume) if somebody would have an easier answer for him. Then to make matters worse, he posts ANOTHER question asking where his tank params are now!!! ALL of his questions have been patiently answered in his first post, but now he's acting as if that post never even took place.
So as I walked around yesturday all happy with myself because I helped a fellow hobbiest, turns out today that that convo never even took place!!!
I feel so used.

It's kinda funny how worked up everyone gets :Remember...this IS a hobby....

To answer his question. Leave the tank alone. turn the lights off and walk away for a couple weeks. check in each day and make sure you have enough water....other than that, like they say...a watched pot never boils. Save your test kit. Give it a couple weeks then test the water. To bad they dont have those month calendars that kids use at christmas with the chocolate in them for Reefers. Open each day and when your outta chocolate...BAM! your ready lol :cheer:

sweetdawn

this is a hobby i thought it was an obsession. Thought nice peaceful tank would help my highblood presure.

nudibranch

Originally posted by sweetdawn
this is a hobby i thought it was an obsession.

I have a feeling that most people on this board have crossed the line of hobby and into obession, I'm sure I have! LOL :D

dakar

You guys got it all wrong.... I started it as an obsession...as my wallet gets lighter and all the credits cards burst into flames.... THEN it becomes a hobby.

Dave