Whats normal time for clowns to hoist

jlynch799

I just went to the lfs and got my first anemone, a green bubbletip, i went to put it in the tank and after the anemone found a hole in one of my live rocks my maroon clown was in it within 20 mins, what are the odds of that happening, doesen't it take more time usaually. and now the clown wont go anywhere else other then in the bubble tip, plus its starting to feed the bubble tip.

airforceb2

Clowns will host anywhere from the minute they meet an anemone to never. It is all hit and miss. Sounds like you got lucky.

monalisa

My clowns have been hosting my devils hand leather since the first time it opened up and stretched. Now, that's where they hang out...always, by their devils hand. Doncha love it?
Lisa :happyfish

jlynch799

I was so surpised this was one of the main reasons that i wanted to start a saltwater tank.
now just to figure out what fish to get next

monalisa

What size tank you have will definitely determine what kinds of fish and how many will go in. It's great fun figuring it all out though, hey?
So, what size tank are we talking here?
Lisa :happyfish

jlynch799

small just a 20 gal with about 15 pounds of lr i found some cool lr with clams that used to be living on the rock

jlynch799

is it the light that sent my clown into hidding? it would swim at the top in one of the corners until the anemone showed up and now it would move an inch away from the anemone. can the light harm the clown because it has to be on longer?

drew2005

Ive been waiting for my clowns to host my hairy mushrooms. But i dont think they ever will. Ive seen a pic of a clown all wrapped up in one it was pretty cool.

E

exile415

my clarkii watched me put my anemone in my tank .. then he just stared at it and jumped on it.All clowns are different and might host and might not.

airforceb2

Originally Posted by jlynch799
is it the light that sent my clown into hidding? it would swim at the top in one of the corners until the anemone showed up and now it would move an inch away from the anemone. can the light harm the clown because it has to be on longer?
What kind of lights do you have? Usually it is a good idea to acclimate fish to new lights. It may have scared him but he most likely just found a new home.

jlynch799

24" 130 65 watt Actinic & a 21" 65 watt 10000°K bulb i was told that a 130 watts should be just right, altleast that was what i was told

jlynch799

i was a little worried about the light but the people on this sight sure seam to help in anyway that they can and thats just great