whats purpple up™ smells like...

colourmop

my *friend* give me a new bottle of purple up, just wondering what does it smells/looks like. mine is white liquid which smells kinda like...chemical water.
not sure if it is a real purple up or he put something in there just to kill my corals.. yeh he is pertty mean

gen1dustin

Originally Posted by colourmop
my *friend* give me a new bottle of purple up, just wondering what does it smells/looks like. mine is white liquid which smells kinda like...chemical water.
not sure if it is a real purple up or he put something in there just to kill my corals.. yeh he is pertty mean
Ahhhh, dude I have no idea as I haven't gotten any yet. That is pretty mean if he would be trying to kill your corals. :thinking:
:mad:

patandlace

It's supposed to be a milky white color but I don't remember it smelling like chemicals. If it's a strong smell I would say something is wrong with it.

pontius

I use Purple Up. it is a milky looking liquid and will temporarily cloud the water when you put it in the tank. however, there is no smell, at least not in the Purple Up that I use.
if your friend would do something to sabotage your tank, he doesn't sound like much of a friend to me. if you don't trust him, don't use the Purple Up. a $16 bottle of the stuff isn't worth killing your tank over.

gsd

Purple up to me smells like money going up in smoke. NO need for it ever and my coraline grows just fine.. Proper water changes, SG, temps and light, maintain calcium and alk levels along with all other proper water parameters and coraline will grow just fine. I jump start my coraline growth by usuing a nice heavily covered rock with coraline,and during cycling I keep my alk and cal and ph levels as High as possible without the calcium precipitating out. I can normally initiate coraline growth within the first 30 days of a tank being setup. After tank cycles I do a water change to get levels back down to reasonable levels, or just let it go for a bit more time till higher levels are utilized. Normally high calcium does not hurt anything.