what's the best ANEMONE FOR THE CLOWN

bamack2

What Is The Best Anemone For The Clownfish Please List What You Have That They Host In
What Do You All Think Is The Best For The Black Clown

chipmaker

What ever one you can sucessfully keep in the tank. There is no way anyone can say what is the best or what is gonna work. I had a clown that refused any and all anemones I put in the tank....it preferred a large toadstool leather. I now only use large frilly shrooms, and all my clowns like em just fine, plus their cheaper and easier to keep.

zanski

well depending on your clown it may never host anything. If it was tank raised there is a 90% chance it wont host anything. Ive had a BTA for 2 months and percula clowns and they show no interest. its really a huge game of luck. I suggest buying a wild clown already hosting a anemone. some stores already have clowns and anemone's together. Good luck!

T

tampausmc

I have a really cool LFS where the guy that owns it will throw the anemone and clowns you want to buy in one of those small tanks together and since the tank is so small the clowns always end up hosting after a couple days...then you can pick all your items up for no additional charge....

symon

Originally Posted by tampausmc
I have a really cool LFS where the guy that owns it will throw the anemone and clowns you want to buy in one of those small tanks together and since the tank is so small the clowns always end up hosting after a couple days...then you can pick all your items up for no additional charge....
I was just thinking about how to make my clown host my BTA, just as i was thinking Hey i can put them in a smaller tank till the host up, I read your post!
Gonna go get it done!