whats the biggest tank?

deyoe757

I saw a tank in a house that was 5000 gallons. He kept it open and had 2 black tip reef sharks, 4 large groupers and oddly enough he had turbo snails all along the walls. It was one of the coolest tanks I have seen in a while...

scott270

ripleys aquarium in gatlinburg was huge complete with sand tigers cool shark also had some huge angels and tangs

pancho

been to the ripley's in mrytle beach s.c first nurse shark was donated to them back in 1988. but my dad just had an 1000 gallon tank added to the basement of his house.

richard rendos

Mr 4000 has a big tank:

That is not a fake pic, he has a 4000 gallon tank.
<a href="http://www.mr4000.com" target="_blank">http://www.mr4000.com</a>

S

starfishjackedme

That one in Houston is called Aquarium World. It is off hwy 290 and Holister - around there.

krux

Risc answered the questions on his tank in a post a while back.... lust look in the search area. The 19,000 is a pool that served as his shark tank, and the huge one was a pool as well. If you can find the thread it was pretty interesting.... he talked about maintaining it, feeding, construction.... lots of interesting stuff.

badkjb2

the shark reef at mandalay bay in vegas is really cool too. i dont know how many gallons but they have many sharks in there. 13 bucks to get in

risc

Commercially speaking I believe Ripley's in Myrtle Beach has the biggest single standing tank. It's around 380,000 gallons. Lots of commercial aquariums advertise 1+ million gallon aquariums but they are talking about how much total water is in their whole facility. Not just one tank. No obviously SeaWorld has bigger tanks to hold their Orcas and stuff, but for an actual show tank I'm sure Ripley's is it. Underwater World at the Mall of America comes in close behind with 320,000 gallons.
As for established reef tanks I'd have to say Mr4000 is the biggest I know of. As for in home fish tanks I've heard rumors of a guy somewhere in Westchester area of New York with a 140,000 gallon tank but it's never been confirmed. Once my new house is built and my 3 tanks get fully functional and setup, I will have the largest private collection of sharks in the world. Just passing Underwater World at the Mall of America by 12 sharks.
Jim