Whats the difference?????

salt one

ok, i got a VHO light for my 75 gallon reef tank, and i keep hearing about the Metal Hailite.. what are the differences and one was talking about how it looked just like the sun!!! and had rays of light in the tank, and what about price?

mr . salty

My metal halite bulb is 175 watts,I've seen them for 50-90 bucks. The ballast for 150 bucks. But the one bulb lights the whole 125gal tank pretty well. And those rays of light are beautiful. I also have a 30" 50/50, a 30" daylight, and two 18" 20,000's from my old tank. I would deffinatly recomend METAL HALITE now that I've seen the differance first hand up next to my other lights. STEVE

hermit

I started off my Micro reef with mini mights which were good for the time being.. They were also inexpessive.. But now I have a Coral Life dimmable MH with a German 175w bulb in there. I am so impressed with this product (except for the fact that the first one I bought didn't work).. It was expensive but I love the fact that I can set how much dimming time is involved before and after the timer kicks in. I have it set for something like 70 minutes and it fades in sooo nicely. I can't believe that in a dim state they can get so much blue spectrum out of those bulbs.. I think I will always use MH..
Hot (yes)
Expensive (yes)
Results (Fantastic)
Hope I helped
Bill

krazzydart

they will give off much more heat than the others and are $$$$$$$ pricey needless to say ..... but dependind on the size of the tank and what you plan on doing with it ... it is your choice...