Whats the most important "thing" you've learned

maxalmon

Pretty simple post, whats the most important or critical piece of information you've learned that's made reef keeping more enjoyable or attainable for you?.KISS is what I learned = Keep It Simple Stupid
And you?

dacia

The most important thing that I have learned is to BE PATIENT.
If you hurry to get your fish, then chances are you will have water quality problems leading to dead fish. Or, if you hurry to get a fish before researching that fish (the impulse buy, "I love that fish and want it now!") then you may be buying something that will eat your corals or be attacked by other inhabitants.
You have to be patient with everything you do in the fish tank, and I suppose this ties in with DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST.

myreef05

1.That this site has saved me numerous times.
2. Tangs need a large tank
3. Morish Idols do not survive in captivity.
4. Ask alot of questions and get alot of different opinions.
5. What works for 1 may not work for all.
6. Just becuase someone has alot or few posts do not make them an expert or less educated.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by myreef05
1.That this site has saved me numerous times.
2. Tangs need a large tank
3. Morish Idols do not survive in captivity.
4. Ask alot of questions and get alot of different opinions.
5. What works for 1 may not work for all.
6. Just becuase someone has alot or few posts do not make them an expert or less educated.
this pretty much sums it up..... that and
beer does not go well in reef tanks.

C

captmorgan

qt everything, no matter how great your lfs does it for you

maxalmon

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
this pretty much sums it up..... that and
beer does not go well in reef tanks.
But, you can use Vodka for certain things. I found this to be very odd, but has been done.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by maxalmon
But, you can use Vodka for certain things. I found this to be very odd, but has been done.
very true. I read an article on that.

barchtruong

-1" and up Emerald crabs chow down corals.
-think of it as a loss at L.vegas everytime you bring home a coral. That way, it's a lose-win game.
-don't set up any systems in the bedroom. Love my tank but I lost too much sleep cuz of the noise of skimmer and snails contact the pump and PHs

azfishgal

Originally Posted by barchtruong

Really?! :scared: I have three Emerald Crabs. They are not 1" yet, but one is pretty close.

nolatrav

Originally Posted by barchtruong
WOW i have one, gotta be an 1" 1/2, hasn't touched anything, just picks at LR all day. hmmmm. not all are the same i guess, had him for almost a year an a half.