What's the oldest dog you have ever had?

mrdc

I have come close to getting an African grey several times. I always stop myself because I know that I don't have the social time to give right now. Maybe when my kids are older and out of the house, I will get one. My youngest is killing me for a rabbit right now. I must resist ....

rlablan

We had rabbits. They lived in the back yard during the day and came into their pins for crackers and carrots at night. They were lovely and they play like puppies with balls and toys. (atleast ours did).
We have a scarlet Macaw (Penney), a Blue and gold macaw (Shasta), an african grey (murphy), and a mullucan cockatoo (Alex)... talk about screaming. I am soo soo glad that I don't live with my mom anymore. But I don't know what to do with them later in life. each of them is only 13 or below. Murphy and Shasta were bought from breeders and they were featherless and had to be bottle fed for months! They were so cute! Now they're just brats!!

flower

rlablan;3294811 said:
We had rabbits. They lived in the back yard during the day and came into their pins for crackers and carrots at night. They were lovely and they play like puppies with balls and toys. (atleast ours did).
We have a scarlet Macaw (Penney), a Blue and gold macaw (Shasta), an african grey (murphy), and a mullucan cockatoo (Alex)... talk about screaming. I am soo soo glad that I don't live with my mom anymore. But I don't know what to do with them later in life. each of them is only 13 or below. Murphy and Shasta were bought from breeders and they were featherless and had to be bottle fed for months! They were so cute! Now they're just brats!!

LOL...Parrots are permanent two year olds with a can opener for a face. Jelly Bean is so demanding, I can’t imagine a household with more than one spoiled feather baby. OMG the noise…It really doesn’t bother me much but it drives my elderly mom crazy. He cuts up whenever we watch TV and not him.
You have to arrange for care when you leave this earth, they will outlive you. I have a friend with a half feathered Scarlet Macaw, her original keeper died so she plucked herself in grief, her name is Dolly and she is 101 years old as of this year.